Removable Die Model Software?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I just realized Exocad does not export a STL of the model with a base or removable die option. I was wondering if I could scan the impression, design the restoration as usual on this scan, than import the models into another software for printing? I realize a lot of you do not like the impression scanning capabilities(probably because you are using 3shape) but I was just curious. I will be using Origin Intelligence by the way. They are, however, planning to have this capability in the near future.

Jason

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I use the I SERIES Dental Wings impression scanner most of the time. We are now doing some testing using a printed die and contact teeth in a milled stone model hybrid and its looking very promising. Its a lot cheaper and with less contact and occlusion problems than with only solid all printed models. The ability to have a working model with removable dies and contacts then proofed on a solid model is something I like much better. Its also much easier on the tech and faster than doing it all on one solid model.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Thanks YSM!

Tom, I was thinking about printing the model with a removable die while still conserving the surrounding tissue. Objet really does a nice job of it and for 28K it is hard to beat for a small Lab such as myself.

Pete, I was talking about a removable die model for crown fabrication.
heinz_00043.jpg

heinz_00046.jpg

heinz_00049.jpg