Need Help 3D Model Print Gold Crown

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
50um is 0.05mm.

I think the real problem is printers can't print that good to start with. Anybody old enough to remember the old days of computers when they would sell a 100mb computer in big numbers, but the small print said using their proprietary Stacker compression software, it was really 50mb?
Or the 14.4k modems but only if it connected to another x2 modem so it was only a 7,200?

I don't think you could register 50um with an eye unless you were really trying. Not saying you can't reproduce a measurable artifact, but as many have said, including myself...... If your not printing your own, you don't REALLY know if your getting 50, 75, or 100+ um.
a human hair is 200um, 0.2mm

when you are off 1mm on your margins, you straight up have the absolutely wrong die face because it is distorted to hell - likely from the damn hot iron.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I think they're just off. Your right in that they are not PLA prints. The whole promotion of 3d prints is that that are equally as accurate as a stone model.

Theoretically, if you believe the brochure and you spent all this money on the "The New Way", you should be able to wax direct and have no problem. But I bet if they were precisely duplicated in stone, they would still be off.

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'm curious, what are your processes post print? After you take the printed models off the build plate, what are you doing? What percentage alcohol are you using? Are u using an ultra sonic? How long are the models in the alcohol? Do you immediately take them out? Are you drying before curing?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Hi, we have been having issues with 3D models and removable die. Hoping that someone out there has experience with the following...

One of our dentists uses an intra-oral scanner. We design the model and outsource for printing. Once the model and removable die return, we wax and cast for a gold restoration (40%). When the dentist tries to seat the crown, it does not seat all the way down, yet it is perfectly seated on the printed model? Has anyone had this experience here? We are thinking that the issue is not using a die spacer. As I understand, when a restoration is milled, (zir, gold etc....) I was informed that a digital die spacer is used, (milling out the inside of the restoration a bit) and my thought is to use a die spacer on the printed die to compensate.

If you have any experience with this scenario, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks Kindly
Could the teeth have shifted a bit while gold crown was being made causing it not to fit perfectly? It happens, and some times the dentist will have patient bite down on cotton swab and it will snap in place causing a big headache to then get out and cement. In these cases a good temporary would have saved a lot of headache and remake...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I don’t miss the plaster trap.
My disposable replacement has been sitting out for the 3 days waiting for me to replace it...you're my conscience speaking to me to get it done today :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The great race is one of my favourite movies. “ Press the button Max”

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
First name is Terry
Last name escapes me but I think he was in “Those magnificent men in their flying machines “.

stonefly

stonefly

Reaction score
BINGO! , RileyS has it right. Mediocrity is being built into the system. It started with the dental schools and the digital push along with the students having to little if any lab work of there own. Just so long it is acceptable and besides what does the patient really know except they got their wonderful crown the same day.:rolleyes: