Pricing on fixed denture

• Thread starter Old School Dentures
  • Start date
O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
Hello all, I’m doing a fixed upper acrylic with5 interfaces and milled titanium bar using blueline teeth. I don’t do many of these so I have no idea what to charge the dentist . What do you guys charge for something like this? The bar is costing me about 900$ plus my tooth cost and some other implant parts so all together about 1100-1200. I was thinking of charging 2500-3000 is this too high and if so or not what would you charge? Fell free to PM me if you don’t want to list prices
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that is way lowball price. try 5x profit margin and you begin to touch real world prices for allon4 or bar prices. lets put it this way, the bar alone should be 2k and you got a huge discount.

nobel's trefoil thingy cost the patient 11k and that doesnt include a prosthetic.

O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
that is way lowball price. try 5x profit margin and you begin to touch real world prices for allon4 or bar prices. lets put it this way, the bar alone should be 2k and you got a huge discount.

nobel's trefoil thingy cost the patient 11k and that doesnt include a prosthetic.

So what would you charge for everything... bar,teeth,parts,labor?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
So what would you charge for everything... bar,teeth,parts,labor?

thats what i'm working on reducing.

any case can breakdown several ways. RPD's differ from Full dentures, which differ from conversions, which are still different from fixed overbar, and the list goes on.

right now anything less than 24k all in, pretty great deal. but few will ever send you a single bill with that kind of pricetag. chop it up into implant costs, shipping, processing, that kind of thing. lots of people get FMR in the 50k for just crowns. adding implants on 8 teeth, adding two 2k bars, you now face an 80k USD pricetag.

as most cases take 6 months start to finish, some places bill 3 or 4 times mid process, saves sticker shock.

as the process becomes a 2 week, or 2 day thing, this comes down quickly due to huge time savings in labor.

what do i charge? well, i'm not a lab. do a case with me and you dance with legality because we'll use your case to validate processes and verify systems. sign your case away because there wont be any guarantees. i'm a developer, making digital technology. it will take a year to get your case back.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
PM sent again. Maybe some of you can post the "average prices" that you have seen in your are or across the nation.:)

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I will chip in.

If you provide all the steps, eg: model work, verification jigs, bite rims, a possible pmma as provisional, analogs, Ti bar, set-up etc, the 2500-3000 is low.

I have a client (prosthodontist) whom provides the models mounted and verified. With that, for a simple screw retained hybrid, depending on the amount of implants and where you send the bar to be fabricated, you end up in about 2500-3000.

Have in mind, planing a case like this, talking to the client on the phone (which can take up quite some time...),your knowledge and expertise has to be factored in, too.

Edit:

I usually charge as the case progresses. If I send a verification jig, I send an invoice etc...

J

Jay

Reaction score
I guess I’m way too cheap. Im $2,200. That doesn’t include the temp or the conversion. That’s another $600.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
You are selling yourself short! Remember you are doing something that not just anyone can do!! Your SpecialBeer

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Aren't we all?

:Hello:Vroam
th

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You are selling yourself short! Remember you are doing something that not just anyone can do!! Your SpecialBeer
I've always marveled at the elasticity of English.
Special Education
Special Olympics
Special Forces

B

Bridget Weaver

Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to help me out with billing also? We are new lab with plenty of experience in the field work wise but are stumped on billing our first implant case. At this stage we have sent try ins on screw retained baseplates and avs for U and L 3i implants. 5 abutments per arch. Anyone willing to get with us on this or has an example we can see it Would be greatly appreciated.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I've always marveled at the elasticity of English.
Special Education
Special Olympics
Special Forces
It's covers the range from taboo to holy.