Custom Abutment Pricing

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Sounds like at least one of you is charging different fees for cement retained vs. screw retained. If so what is the difference in fees between the two?

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
I think this is such a huge flaw in Docs thinking!!! Seriously, lets take a look at this...So say you send a custom abutment to whatever manufacturer to have a 'genuine' abutment made. I don't know about you, but I still end up making adjustments on that abutment when it comes back to me (and I'm sending them the dam model work, not even the scan/design). I've had to adjust many of Atlantis (although I will say they were the least out there),3i have to adjust half of them, straumann I won't even send anything to them...total junk. Same with Implant Direct and Glidewell. Also, if these 'genuine' companies are so concerned about being 'genuine' why they doing implant abutments for other implant manufacturers? Lastly, the Docs have this false sense of security that if you use 'genuine' that it will be a guarantee, newslflash...it's implants, their is a no guarantee, especially when Murphy's Law kicks in, and it will. To me, the 'genuine' is a pile of horse manure. I know, this just turned into a rant, but that's my two cents.
So how does everybody deal with failed cases? Just had a doc call, failed implant. It's my first failure that I've restored. Didn't use a Zimmer original abutment. Recently Zimmer was pushing their "Lifetime Warranty with genuine abutment" and the doc did not want to pay the extra anyways. Although Zimmer doesn't know it wasn't genuine parts and is already pushing back saying the implant isn't what failed. So goes to what you're all saying about the warranties, but who's responsible for costs? Do you discount? It is a good office.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So how does everybody deal with failed cases? Just had a doc call, failed implant. It's my first failure that I've restored. Didn't use a Zimmer original abutment. Recently Zimmer was pushing their "Lifetime Warranty with genuine abutment" and the doc did not want to pay the extra anyways. Although Zimmer doesn't know it wasn't genuine parts and is already pushing back saying the implant isn't what failed. So goes to what you're all saying about the warranties, but who's responsible for costs? Do you discount? It is a good office.
No guide ,no warranty.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Sounds like at least one of you is charging different fees for cement retained vs. screw retained. If so what is the difference in fees between the two?
More time involved. Cement expense. If it comes back to the lab for anything you have to debond and rebond when finnished . Also there is the risk of the crown cracking when debonding.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I've seen 2 implant failures recently where the healing cap came out with the implant.

How does that happen after the tourque test? Both Straumann by the way.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
6ab9b9147f16a349ee7a5d00-320-240.jpg

maybe ?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
We're about 5 miles from Ohio University, where implant failures more likely from this:

kegstand

user name

user name

Reaction score
I charge the same no matter whats being done. Flat rate, and its pretty high. Could be I spend time modifying a stock abutment, scan and design a Zr coping to bond for a custom, or just use a Ti base that doesn't need any time.

Some Drs will supply their own implant analoge to save money, but I don't work on Dr supplied abutments.

If youre not getting very close to $500 for an implant supported crown, whether cemented or screw retained, youre being used.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Or even more than that.
A PFM on a castable UCLA abutment, depending on the gold, can cost close to $800... Same goes for a custom abutment/PFM...

user name

user name

Reaction score
A PFM on a castable UCLA abutment, depending on the gold, can cost close to $800... Same goes for a custom abutment/PFM...
Absolutely agree. At $500, I was stating the bottom. Highest I ever charged was $800, but I stopped doing PFM and UCLA.

We see things very similar.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what failed?...the actual implant didn't osseointegrate? That's not the labs fault. As for if it was the crown or abutment that failed, what part? Occlusion plays a huge part in implants and do some crazy stuff to implants if not addressed but I need more information exactly what failed before I can fully answer ya.

S

slotboom.f

Reaction score
Warranty on implants.....
In general doc pays for implant tech for whatever he or she has made when faillure occurs since it is a combined commitment and to keep things simple.
Now warranty on implants from original manufacturers they just give you a new implant and that will be that. Now some generic part makers give you 30 years warranty when using their cheaper components regardless on what implant it was used.
For me that was the last gap towards the doc.
I just use generic with warranty at cheaper price or original at higher cost. Patient decides(not doc).
And docs and patients should not cry about warranty since the doc does not guarantee his treatment or the patients teeth for 30 years or more. It would be really funny if the patient guarantees the doc to keep his/hers teeth flawless for 30 years.
Conclusion: there are no guarantees for live except death and taxes.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk