What would you recommend ?

Nia @ ADD Lab

Nia @ ADD Lab

Reaction score
Hey all Ciao

So up until today we've been outsourcing our 3D printing which hasn't been much of a problem however, recently we've been getting a lot of digital cases so we're having to outsource even more work but it's costing us quite a bit. Some places have decent model prices but will only ship out 1 case per box and charge $7 in shipping/box. Other places charge more for the models but will send 3-5 cases in one box and charge a one time $12 shipping fee. Nonetheless its getting expensive.

We're looking to buy a 3D printer so I just wanted to see if any of you guys are printing your own models and if so, what printers are you using? Pros and cons?
Not sure if this info is relevant but we're a small lab (3). We're now doing about 40+ digital cases in a month. We use 3Shape (I know, I knoooow :rolleyes:). We get some scans from a 3M Tru Def scanner and some from a Medit scanner.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

-Steven

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
How many models a month. I know you said 40+ cases.

But is that 80+ quad models, 80+ full arch...? 20 of them are model free cases? Some idea of volume might be helpful.
Basically how many are you looking to produce a day?

You can go cheap and fiddle your way to it, or buy from a big name and have support. More a case of which path you prefer there.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
objectively there isnt a lot of difference between printers, just maintenance, and resin. filter your choices by resin instead of price.

G

Gordon-2019

Reaction score
objectively there isnt a lot of difference between printers, just maintenance, and resin. filter your choices by resin instead of price.
I agree in your comment, the more important is the technical support I think.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Hey all Ciao

So up until today we've been outsourcing our 3D printing which hasn't been much of a problem however, recently we've been getting a lot of digital cases so we're having to outsource even more work but it's costing us quite a bit. Some places have decent model prices but will only ship out 1 case per box and charge $7 in shipping/box. Other places charge more for the models but will send 3-5 cases in one box and charge a one time $12 shipping fee. Nonetheless its getting expensive.

We're looking to buy a 3D printer so I just wanted to see if any of you guys are printing your own models and if so, what printers are you using? Pros and cons?
Not sure if this info is relevant but we're a small lab (3). We're now doing about 40+ digital cases in a month. We use 3Shape (I know, I knoooow :rolleyes:). We get some scans from a 3M Tru Def scanner and some from a Medit scanner.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

-Steven
Until you get your own printer, this is the guy that I use. He does an excellent job for us and the fees are low.
Brian "Buck" Towne
https://crowntowne.com/

Top Bottom