Pricing: have or be had

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Yes I like this. Thank you. I'm never sure if ideas are legit or ballbusters.

Thank you for the advice. You are awesome
I'm old crusty and bitter.
But the truth is they'll snatch the crumbs from your children's lips if you let them.
Somewhere along the line theyou got schooled into this attitude. They think it's good business.
They're also for the most part in debt up to there necks with overhead sacking down 3 of 4 dollars.
They're not your friends.
Set your fees on your costs + reasonable margin.
Be firm. You'll never get back the life you lose to worry.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
You are not going to make everyone happy with your fees.
Should we have set fees for everyone?
My delivery costs vary depending on the distance.
Degree of difficulty and pita offices cost me more than the others.

We can all agree that we do custom work. Perhaps our fees should be customized for each office as well.
Felt that way for years.
There are those that will gladly let you route a driver crosstown in heavy rush hour to get get a pickup that isn't there.
I've always felt free delivery is a lower rung of hell. It's BS

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I do a base fee variance in my fee schedule by radius.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
REGULATION IS A SLIPPERY SLOPE AND I DO NOT WANT ANY PLEASE. Quality of work, demographics and customer expectations should determine pricing.

Our motto...Good, Fast. Cheap. Pick any 2...
I can understand how the dentist is concerned about being nickeled and dimed. I worked for a lab that listed on their price sheet a 2 tooth flipper for $150.00. But then they added charges for clasp, articulation and a processing model and that flipper was now $225.00.
Problem is apples and oranges.
A person unable to evaluate the need and rx properly usually isn't going to actually READ an ala carte price list.That still isn't the labs fault.
They have a higher degree of education and waffle through their livelihood like toddlers.
I don't see one good reason why I should subsidize that.
Docs asking for blanket fees aren’t seeking predictability in pricing, they’re looking for a way to pass the inherent problems involved with short chair appointments per procedure onto the lab.
The dark side of business. Externalize costs onto someone else. Fancy theft is all it is.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
REGULATION IS A SLIPPERY SLOPE AND I DO NOT WANT ANY PLEASE. Quality of work, demographics and customer expectations should determine pricing.

Our motto...Good, Fast. Cheap. Pick any 2...
Totally disagree. Human nature is rapacious. You want lord of the flies move to a remote island and leave the rest of us out of it.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I have no clue why three replies wound up together.
Oh well.
Been that kind of month.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Totally disagree. Human nature is rapacious. You want lord of the flies move to a remote island and leave the rest of us out of it.
I like it RIGHT HERE WHERE I AM thank you. Why suggest I move when I am happy with the status quo? Maybe YOU should move to a place you don't need to change?!? BBBBbbbBBBBZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I like it RIGHT HERE WHERE I AM thank you. Why suggest I move when I am happy with the status quo? Maybe YOU should move to a place you don't need to change?!? BBBBbbbBBBBZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
I find the whole notion of a non regulated society to be destructive.
The core of society is that we agree to impose limits on our arressive and selfish behaviors because civilization offers greater benefit over the alternatives.

You did say you wanted no regulations, yes?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
giphy (1).gif

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I find the whole notion of a non regulated society to be destructive.
The core of society is that we agree to impose limits on our arressive and selfish behaviors because civilization offers greater benefit over the alternatives.

You did say you wanted no regulations, yes?
No sir.... No ADDITIONAL regulation. IN THE DENTAL TECH FIELD. This has started to do the DLT spin into bull****dom I'm afraid... lol.
Please re-read my post if needed... something to the effect of "I like the status quo".
And I am speaking only of Illinois in the USA.
Totally agree with you on the big picture in world society.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Regulation is
No sir.... No ADDITIONAL regulation. IN THE DENTAL TECH FIELD. This has started to do the DLT spin into bull****dom I'm afraid... lol.
Please re-read my post if needed... something to the effect of "I like the status quo".
And I am speaking only of Illinois in the USA.
Totally agree with you on the big picture in world society.
"Regulation is a slippery slope and I do not want any"

Those were your exact words. What am I missing?
Other than I didn't shout in all caps.....

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Regulation is

"Regulation is a slippery slope and I do not want any"

Those were your exact words. What am I missing?
Other than I didn't shout in all caps.....
Strictly pertaining to the dental industry. C'mon. Quit splitting hairs here. You know what I mean. You chose to expand my dental related comment to include the whole world.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Strictly pertaining to the dental industry. C'mon. Quit splitting hairs here. You know what I mean. You chose to expand my dental related comment to include the whole world.
I dunno, seems like reducing the argument from general to less general doesn't make it better.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Lets start using Cadmium again. Woohoo! Wouldn't happen? Then why was it there until regulaton forced it out?

You cannot legislate morality. Recognize though that when scruples are optional, the unscrupulous will frequently prevail and against the honest.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Lets start using Cadmium again. Woohoo! Wouldn't happen? Then why was it there until regulaton forced it out?

You cannot legislate morality. Recognize though that when scruples are optional, the unscrupulous will frequently prevail and against the honest.
And Nickel too! My thoughts on this were ALWAYS aimed toward the political (Licensing, CDT, IDLA and all those other self serving entities along with state and federal gubbamint) end of things-- not the materials. And as I already pointed out--- status quo- no repeals, no advancements. I believe you are bringing up Cadmium even though it has been removed for many years??? Why dat?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
And Nickel too! My thoughts on this were ALWAYS aimed toward the political (Licensing, CDT, IDLA and all those other self serving entities along with state and federal gubbamint) end of things-- not the materials. And as I already pointed out--- status quo- no repeals, no advancements. I believe you are bringing up Cadmium even though it has been removed for many years??? Why dat?
Well, I was responding to what Imthought you said, not what you meant.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Well, I was responding to what Imthought you said, not what you meant.
That's cause he doesn't explain unless prodded. It's a long tedious walk back of absolute absurdities. He never means the last thing he said.

Top Bottom