Phonetics testing

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a favorite phrase or excersize they use to elucidate all the minute variances of speech when doing try ins?

Aside from counting from 60 to 70? Some new talent in the area and I'm gonna regret it but I'm trying to be helpful.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
language-lesson.jpg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Have them recite a limerick. Start them off with “There once was a man from Nantucket”, and let them go from there....
Might not be much help but it’ll be fun as hell.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
There once was a young girl named Alice
Who used dynamite as a phallous...

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Turbyfill has a method of phonetically establishing vertical dimension....Using a soft wax and over building the incisal on the lower bite block. Then getting to
he patient to say sixty six and reducing the hieght untill the s sound is the clearest. I have done this many times and it works out perfectly....

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Turbyfill has a method of phonetically establishing vertical dimension....Using a soft wax and over building the incisal on the lower bite block. Then getting to
he patient to say sixty six and reducing the height until the s sound is the clearest. I have done this many times and it works out perfectly....
I might add to this procedure that the patient never needs to overcome the lisp normal dentures usually exhibit.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Have them recite a limerick. Start them off with “There once was a man from Nantucket”, and let them go from there....
Might not be much help but it’ll be fun as hell.
I like the she sells sea shells by the sea shore.

nancon1

nancon1

Reaction score
Sex laxar i en laxask, or
Sju sjösjuka sjömän sjöng sjöbusarnas skönsång
:)

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Churches. Need to check "ch".

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sex laxar i en laxask, or
Sju sjösjuka sjömän sjöng sjöbusarnas skönsång
:)
With our local dialect it's hard enough getting english words with all the sounds that are suppoesed to be and none that aren't. First that comes to mind is 'he-thszurn' instead of 'heathen'. @Doris A I'm sure you can add a few being around here a bit.

nancon1

nancon1

Reaction score
With our local dialect it's hard enough getting english words with all the sounds that are suppoesed to be and none that aren't. First that comes to mind is 'he-thszurn' instead of 'heathen'. @Doris A I'm sure you can add a few being around here a bit.
;)

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Fhav = five, fahn = fine, tar = tire, are a few that come to mind. :)
What is strange is I've seen people in the same family that one will have the Virginia accent and the rest don't.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Fhav = five, fahn = fine, tar = tire, are a few that come to mind. :)
What is strange is I've seen people in the same family that one will have the Virginia accent and the rest don't.
It's is odd. I have a neice that for 8 years had nearly no 'Appalachian inflection' and over the course of less than 6 months came to it completely. Between one phonecall and the next her entire method of dialog, not just pronouciation had changed. And at 17 it still remains such. Very odd indeed.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
try these fish, victor for f & v sounds ,to test s sounds get them to count thru the sixties this also measures freeway space. thursday then monday tuesday wednesday is another good one for correct incisal edge postion .these series of words will check that the teeth are in the right place with correct freeway space and that they are he correct size.if they can say all these clearly you are on your way. Check out a text book by watt and mcgregor from Edenburough University Scotland.

Top Bottom