Questions about curing pourable acrylic resin

J

Jazmo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using a product called vitacrilic from fricke dental. It's their universal universal clear powder and universal blue tint monomer. This product is designed to be pourable and that's how I'm using it. I made a silicone mold of my existing night guard and am trying to cast a duplicate but I'm not sure if it's curing correctly. I followed the directions exactly as stated but I have no prior experience with these products so I'm not sure if certain things are normal or not. For example, there is excess acrylic that pooled on top of the mold that is pretty thin (1/8" thick or so) and I can indent it with my finger nail a day later. It's been in a room that's 70-72 degrees. Is that normal or should it be rock hard by now? Should I wait until the excess is fully cured before removing the cast from the mold? Is there a better pourable product that will fully harden a lot faster anyone can recommend? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I have a decent amount of experience with silicone molds and casting resin but I've never used dental resin so I have no idea how it's supposed to behave. If anyone can offer some help I'd really appreciate it.