Hard Pour acrylic by Snow Rock

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Nature-cryl pour. It starts to thicken quick as son as I mix the powder and liquid together. So I just add more liquid than recomended.
It says 14ml:20g I do 18ml:20g
This is exactly why pour technique is a poor technique. Try keeping your monomer in the refrigerator it should give you more working time.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
This is exactly why pour technique is a poor technique. Try keeping your monomer in the refrigerator it should give you more working time.
Well "customized ratios" is not exclusive to a fluid resin system. Something seems off if thickening quickly. Refrigeration has been used to slow down all resin techniques.

As far as the "poor" mantra, I'll mention again, it has its place. Having used L199 and Diamond D HC for decades, modern pour acrylics like Ivobase and Lucitone HIPA have become indispensable.

Both heat cure and fluid acrylics have their pros and cons. You use the system that fits the need. Removable is no longer a one fits all.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Well "customized ratios" is not exclusive to a fluid resin system. Something seems off if thickening quickly. Refrigeration has been used to slow down all resin techniques.

As far as the "poor" mantra, I'll mention again, it has its place. Having used L199 and Diamond D HC for decades, modern pour acrylics like Ivobase and Lucitone HIPA have become indispensable.

Both heat cure and fluid acrylics have their pros and cons. You use the system that fits the need. Removable is no longer a one fits all.
There is a place for pour technique. I just think the place for it is narrower than it use. The residual monomer will always be too high in my book.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
we use SR but not the pour acrylic. we inject everything. far superior to pour technique IMHO
Been meaning to ask, after injection does the snow rock keep feeding acrylic during curing?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Been meaning to ask, after injection does the snow rock keep feeding acrylic during curing?
Not sure what you mean by keep feeding. its really stable after injection. both for a rapid cure and overnight

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by keep feeding. its really stable after injection. both for a rapid cure and overnight
With Ivocap when it's in the curing tank the acrylic cures from the bottom up and continues injecting until it's fully cured. That's why Ivocap has miniscule shrinkage.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
With Ivocap when it's in the curing tank the acrylic cures from the bottom up and continues injecting until it's fully cured. That's why Ivocap has miniscule shrinkage.
ah, i see.
please pardon my c/b brain, my caffeine intake this morning hasn't kicked in! haha

ivocap is awesome, no question.
we do NOT inject snowrock acrylic for our dentures. we utilize their nylon and other flexible injectables (flexfit and acryflex). i cannot give honest feedback on the post-injection curing of their acrylics since we do not use them.

Top Bottom