Patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dental patient

Dental patient

Reaction score
I have a bridge from 2-5that I can not seem to be comfortable enough to perm cement in. The abutment tooth 5 where it meets pontic 4 lingual side feels like a gap goes straight thru and I feel weakness just touching with my tongue and pressing where they are joined together. I know dentist and lab tech are frustrated as am I.. But what should I do.. I am paying thousands and I just feel like it needs a gap closed in one spot so my tongue don't keep going there and feeling this space. It could be gum tissue? Maybe like the pontic should touch into gum higher?Other pontic seems good. I have wide flat broad gum ridge.As a lab tech or dentist why is customer made to feel bad when it has been attempted three times but not fitting. First two had no occlusion. Too an bottom teeth didn't touch and second one had hole facial side I could see abutment tooth underneath. Third time they went deep into gum tissue to fix hoke in front but still not fitting properly. I'm scared to go back so I have a final bridge in with temp cement. Any suggestions. I value any opinion ir help with directive. Thanks

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Please understand first that we work for the dentist, not the patient directly, so it is not always easy for us to comment on patient concerns when we aren't involved. When we are involved, most of us by personality will practically kill ourselves to do excellent work.

You are right in expecting good, sound work for your money. Most dentists care that they deliver. Failing that, a second opinion may be your best route- ask those you trust where they go and why, then make the appointment. Expect this will cost you some money. Have them check the fit and suitability of the work. They may not be willing to criticize, but they should be willing to say whether they would permanently seat the bridge based on the quality and your concerns.

It is hard to exaggerate the difficulties in communicating between patient-dentist-lab. Frustration at each level is usually due to lack of effective communication. Is it possible to have the dentist add composite to the areas you are concerned about so the lab can then have a clear physical example of what you need? They should then be able to add to the permanent bridge to resolve your concerns.

Good luck.

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
I have a bridge from 2-5that I can not seem to be comfortable enough to perm cement in. The abutment tooth 5 where it meets pontic 4 lingual side feels like a gap goes straight thru and I feel weakness just touching with my tongue and pressing where they are joined together. I know dentist and lab tech are frustrated as am I.. But what should I do.. I am paying thousands and I just feel like it needs a gap closed in one spot so my tongue don't keep going there and feeling this space. It could be gum tissue? Maybe like the pontic should touch into gum higher?Other pontic seems good. I have wide flat broad gum ridge.As a lab tech or dentist why is customer made to feel bad when it has been attempted three times but not fitting. First two had no occlusion. Too an bottom teeth didn't touch and second one had hole facial side I could see abutment tooth underneath. Third time they went deep into gum tissue to fix hoke in front but still not fitting properly. I'm scared to go back so I have a final bridge in with temp cement. Any suggestions. I value any opinion ir help with directive. Thanks
I'm a dentist, I'll give yo my opinion. Can I see some Xrays. pictures??

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Nice to have you here, JPA. Welcome! (yes, I see you've been here a while, but welcome anyway.)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Have your dentist send the case to me. If its not perfect, you pay nothing.

P.S. It will be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.