Denture advise needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Swifty22

Reaction score
Hi all
I need some advise on what I can do with my new dentures please.
I have new upper partial denture for the first time and I'm not happy with them, I paid £700 for them and I can't wear them for more than 15 minutes.
They don't fit to the roof of my mouth leaving a gap that saliva collects and when I talk I get a shushing sound where the air flows between the denture and the roof of my mouth, is this normal?
Plus the denture moves, if I push my tongue on one side of the denture the other side goes down and it's the same on either side,
There is a pressure point on one side of my gum which makes it to painful to wear after 15 minutes.
It's almost like the denture doesn't belong to the shape of my mouth, the denture clinic said that there should be a gap there and it is normal

I don't know where to go from here and feel like I've waisted £700 which took me months to save

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you supposed to fill that with denture adhesive

polygrip

if that doesn't suit you get a soft reline

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Hi all
I have new upper partial denture for the first time and I'm not happy with them, I paid £700 for them and I can't wear them for more than 15 minutes.
They don't fit to the roof of my mouth leaving a gap that saliva collects and when I talk I get a shushing sound where the air flows between the denture and the roof of my mouth, is this normal?
Plus the denture moves, if I push my tongue on one side of the denture the other side goes down and it's the same on either side,
There is a pressure point on one side of my gum which makes it to painful to wear after 15 minutes.
It's almost like the denture doesn't belong to the shape of my mouth, the denture clinic said that there should be a gap there and it is normal

I don't know where to go from here and feel like I've waisted £700 which took me months to save
We can't give dental advice here, well maybe the denturists can, so I'll talk in general terms not your specific case. In a general sense a floppy partial denture may potentially help loosen/extract the clasped teeth with the flopping around, as for the rest there are too many variables even if we were able to discuss your case, I know it's tough living with that though.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
No comment other than go see your Dentist/Denturist

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
As the others have stated, as dental professionals we can't answer your questions.
I think you have answered your own question though. If you don't think your teeth fit right, what do you think you should do?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hi all

In one part you call it partial denture and in another you call it denture.
1: was the denture an immediate one or a replacement? If it was an immediate you needed to have a tissue conditioning or a soft chair side reline. After several weeks you need a permanent reline.
If it is a partial , is it a cast partial or all acrylic temp partial. Temp partial sometime they do that but not necessarily it is a good fitted one. You need to use denture adhesive depending on where the clasps were put following the rules of balance. If it is a cast metal partial you do have a problem and it is not your fault. See you Dr. You might have had a distorted impression to start with.
This is my opinion and I approved it.😉

Status
Not open for further replies.