New super trans zirconia

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You know that zr loose strength up to 20% in 5 years?
So 10 years and it 700!))
Just wait a bit more ;)

I heard even more than that when in water, or in living organism. ??
Up to 50% for some! Hence the massive recall for many hip-implant replacements.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
It would be interesting to find out the composition. Suprinity is around 550 so I've been led to believe (does anyone have data in that?) but sintering that high means no LS in it. but would you rather offer a bonding option for the dentist and 50 more mpa?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Do you layer all your functioning e.max surfaces?

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
So Hybrid abutments have no future? How long it stay till remake? And problem usualy with zr or composite glue?
How long is average warranties for hybrid abutments you give?

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I never have had Hybrid abutments fail.
Been doing them forever, and thousands of them...?

Start at 1000-1200mPa and still plenty of room to loose some strength!

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Figure_7.jpg

Oh dear..PFM's against natural teeth...

heavy-tooth-wear-treated-with-emax-porcelain-crowns-dental-rehabilitation-inside-mouth-before.jpg

Whoever designed these natural teeth against natural teeth should be shot... look at the wear!

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
Ive been messin around with this material for a month now, currently being provided by heany ind.From what iam told this product has 40 %cubic zirc. which lowers mpa to 600.Still dialing in fit and color but overall its a home run .

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Ive been messin around with this material for a month now, currently being provided by heany ind.From what iam told this product has 40 %cubic zirc. which lowers mpa to 600.Still dialing in fit and color but overall its a home run .
Got an pics?

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
Pics don't do it any justice. Optical clarity is much different than we all have seen. I compare this to the(Coors crown,Dicor ) of the 80"s

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Its obviously early days....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
cool! What do you mean pics do not do justice?

One link above shows a piece 1mm thick and looks clear as glass to me? I feel justice has been served?

Definatly not seen this yet.

Looks like an eMax killer!

Glad I am buying more dry mills and already have an extra Two we have yet to plug-in.

I also heard someone say 3M Lava was going for a come-back with something new this year. ?? Anyone?

Lava Fantastic? Lava Awesome? LOL

A BIG lab on West Coast told me this 3M news late last week.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score

Figure_7.jpgediting on this site is a pain in my...

heavy-tooth-wear-treated-with-emax-porcelain-crowns-dental-rehabilitation-inside-mouth-before.jpg

Whoever designed these natural teeth against natural teeth should be shot... look at the wear!

I would rathey my crowns wear like teeth then destroy teeth. to each their own...

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Figure_7.jpg

I would rather my crowns wear like natural teeth then wear destroy natural teeth. but hey, to each their own...

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I would rather my crowns wear like natural teeth then wear destroy natural teeth. but hey, to each their own...
Its' really a lot more than just a simple opinion of what material will wear natural teeth more. Its a huge debate and one that the real answers may never be known because there are so many variables that affect wear of natural teeth. Also lots of opinions, lots of studies but no real hard evidence based conclusions. Also so many new materials coming to market so it complicates things even more.
I wish I new the answer but I don't, and I don't think anyone ever will..and it probably won't matter in the big scheme of things anyway.

Probably good for another thread....

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I would rather my crowns wear like natural teeth then wear destroy natural teeth. but hey, to each their own...[/QUOTE]

disturbed....you failed to respond to the other attachment of wear of naturals on naturals....:(

In case you're shortsighted it's this one.

;););)

Last edited: