New super trans zirconia

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I have seen 2 types of very transparent zirconia of late both 600mpa approx but have same trans as emax.Has anybody tried them yet I would also like to hear some thoughts on their use also.when I say trans I mean way more than prettau bruxir and any of the others in that range.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Where have u seen this ? I have heard only rumors about this material . Recommended to anterior and single posterior .

G

grantoz

Reaction score
zirkonzahn and sagemax I think also in a thread on dln approx. 12 months ago.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Their are still running tests but its not clear when the material is going in the market. Ive not seen the material but they told me the optical difference to their HT material .Its a german engineered material maybe others too ???. Ill think the rest is that time secret ,more in the future if available.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Need to flouresce mores than being more translucent.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What is this thread about exactly?

Something that does not exist?

Wake me up when it does actually exists.

I'm going back to sleep.

I heard Sirona purchased exocad!

I also heard drying Zr totally gets rid of the acid! TRUE STORIES! SERIOUSLY!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Heard about this new 600 Mpa zirconia 3 years ago and still waiting.......lol

J

Jurim

Reaction score
I got some from CADBlu to try out. Milling right now, I will share when finished

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
You know that zr loose strength up to 20% in 5 years?
So 10 years and it 700!))
Just wait a bit more ;)

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
You know that zr loose strength up to 20% in 5 years?
So 10 years and it 700!))
Just wait a bit more ;)

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
What for it? You can take Emax or many new brands and get 600mpa and more transparent...

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
I have seen 2 types of very transparent zirconia of late both 600mpa approx but have same trans as emax.Has anybody tried them yet I would also like to hear some thoughts on their use also.when I say trans I mean way more than prettau bruxir and any of the others in that range.

Does this company have any actual data supporting claims of "translucency"? Do they mean MO, LT, IV, or HT translucency?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes it does exist zirkonzahn talking about releasing it in june ,*** you had better wake up now!!. saw a flyer on it yesterday. uses new liquids water based ,by the way I have never seen figures of 600mpa on emax so vazone can you tell us more.its aimed directly at emax singles small bridges and veneers. Its called prettau anterior. Also there has been a recent study doing accelerated aging on lithium discilicate ie emax it lost strength too it dropped down to 150 -200mpa.the whole loosing strength thing over time is a bit old we just arn't seeing the failures that were predicted.Also read a study saying the accelerated aging tests were not valid they giving misleading results .The study is done by Lungini for accelerated aging of zirc and accelerated aging for emax. you can find both by google remember vmk porcelain ages as well and we have lived with that for decades now.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
The accelerated aging study for emax is a separate study sorry about the way I worded it. I don't remember author's.I found it googling low temp thermal degradation of emax or something similar.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
What about sintering parameters for it? 1700c?))
It's known that higher temp increase translucency and reduce strength.
So maybe you can make same with regular translucent zr?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
The interesting bit is it sinters at 1450c I don't know much else. Vazone what about the info on emax 600mpa the highest I heard is 400mpa if everything is done right and ivoclar are doing the testing.I think as far as trans goes we will just have to check it out in real life .Im kinda exited about it I would like to use it for some extended veneers and inlays.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
It's not Emax) you know that patent is over and lot of new copies and each tell that it better.. suprinity, seltra, etc

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Yes I heard about this a few years ago also. I believe its a hybrid material akin to the old Vita Spinell. I believe it has Mg as an additive to give it the translucency but makes it less strong than Zr. That was what Spinell was,,,,stronger than Alumina but weaker than Zr. This must be the new generation , or a similar product.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Yes I heard about this a few years ago also. I believe its a hybrid material akin to the old Vita Spinell. I believe it has Mg as an additive to give it the translucency but makes it less strong than Zr. That was what Spinell was,,,,stronger than Alumina but weaker than Zr. This must be the new generation , or a similar product.
Think your on the right track. I heard its a alumina form of material and very translucent..

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Why,,,thank you Sir! It'll be the first time .....once in a lifetime...:D