Zirconia Thoughts

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
We currently use zirlux16 and katana UTML.
We Tested (and liked) the priti multidiscs Ht and ET. Good esthetics, can be fired on the same programs and a relatively fast quick cycle for smaller cases. They are also stratified for nesting multiple shades in a puck (within reason),which cuts down on inventory (but increases nesting complexity, which we had worked out nice procedures for)
Unfortunately, we are moving all of our zirconia milling to wet milling, and the priti discs are not wet millable (argh...would have been nice to know that at the outset!)

So here's what I want: (dunno if we will find it but...)
Preshaded high strength and high trans materials, at 1100mpa and 700mpa respectively.
multilayered preferred.
Matching sintering programs for both so we do not have to segregate post milling.
Relatively short 'quick fire' options for singles or up to 3 unit bridges. ('quick' being 4 hours or less).
Wet millable...

any thoughts? kinda bummed cuz we thought we had it all in these pucks but not willing to go back to dry milling everything, too many drawbacks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We Tested (and liked) the priti multidiscs Ht and ET. Good esthetics, can be fired on the same programs and a relatively fast quick cycle for smaller cases. They are also stratified for nesting multiple shades in a puck (within reason),which cuts down on inventory (but increases nesting complexity, which we had worked out nice procedures for)
Unfortunately, we are moving all of our zirconia milling to wet milling, and the priti discs are not wet millable (argh...would have been nice to know that at the outset!)

Preshaded high strength and high trans materials, at 1100mpa and 700mpa respectively.
multilayered preferred.
Matching sintering programs for both so we do not have to segregate post milling.
Relatively short 'quick fire' options for singles or up to 3 unit bridges. ('quick' being 4 hours or less).
Wet millable...

any thoughts? kinda bummed cuz we thought we had it all in these pucks but not willing to go back to dry milling everything, too many drawbacks.
not sure if TD's zircs would work or not (wet milled). i do sinter them on the same program....when my damn furnace works properly.
also not sure about a rapid sinter
@rc75 ???

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Call me if anyone has any questions or would like a sample of our zirconia. We have several different types.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Whats the reason for not being able to be wet milled?

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Whats the reason for not being able to be wet milled?
The priti material is not designed for it, seems the binder breaks down and the puck softens and the crowns milled are extremely fragile during green state finishing

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Why going wet mill on zirconia? (Other than keeping dust down, and extending bur life). Also, doesn't wet zirconia take awhile to completely dry? (I'm assuming it must be before sintering, correct me if I'm wrong).

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Why going wet mill on zirconia? (Other than keeping dust down, and extending bur life). Also, doesn't wet zirconia take awhile to completely dry? (I'm assuming it must be before sintering, correct me if I'm wrong).
Absolutely correct, wet requires a drying out (we use a food dehydrator, takes about 20
Mins).

Why do I like wet milling zirc?
Dust - it damages equipment and is a mess for cleanup as well as the health issues, and you know I love my peeps. Wet is just so
Much easier to co troll and clean up behind.
Margins - you have not seen sweet zirc margins until you see wet milled.
Thickness - you can go thinner with wet
Texture - wet milled zirc has a great texture compared to dry.

I can accept the extra 20
Mins of drying for those advantages.

Brayks has a lot of great detail on wet milling too.

A

adl

Reaction score

multilayered preferred.
Wet millable...

Axsys multi layered XT

C

CJK Dental Lab

Reaction score
Currently a fan of Talladium. They're cheap and good shade.

Top Bottom