New invention

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Divest it when set, but don't take it off the model. put it back on the articulator and mill in the occlusal table.Then remove the splint and finish. I highly recommend using an ACCURATE dupe to fit to.If there's an undercut or something you missed, destroy the model to remove or you crack the splint and have a BAD day. My favorite Dr uses PVS to impress for the splint, so I just use a second pour. Take out any undrecut and interproximal flashing as these fit almost too well. The path of insertion needs to be worked out without compromising fit. At the most extreme case make sure you are leaving the cusp tips/incisal edges as that the area of seat that really counts, anything else holding it up can go.Here's the finish; hope you enjoyed.​
NG-8.jpg

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
Did you happen to learn this technique in the Air Force? I learned the same way of doing it while I was at Bolling AFB in Wash DC

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Awesome, great technique.....I'm curious why you just didn't use a flask though?

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Ken, great job..

I do mine similar to the way you do, with the exception of I wax mine up on the articulator and then process and re-mount.

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
Hahahaha.... Everybody knows denture guys are hoarders....

I have 2 presses (the thing with the long handle that opens the flask holders) and about 30 flask holders (4 springs-- one on each corner).
Many of the flask holders are stamped "Patent applied for".

Maybe this technique didn't fly????
I've been using it for about 20 years and it's easy, quick and works great.

Thanks for sharing I thought I was the only one who had used or seen this system. It worked great; wonder what happened.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Did you happen to learn this technique in the Air Force? I learned the same way of doing it while I was at Bolling AFB in Wash DC
I learned this at a lab I worked in back in the dinosaur days. The boss learned it from a military prosthodontist.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Awesome, great technique.....I'm curious why you just didn't use a flask though?
This is very fast and accurate. At one point in my career I could slam out 5 a day without hampering the rest of my production. Flasking requires more time and materials, that's all.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Ken, great job..

I do mine similar to the way you do, with the exception of I wax mine up on the articulator and then process and re-mount.
I DO wax these on the articulator and return for remount. When I said wax up in the usual manner, I assumed....My bad.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
When I started this thread long ago, I had posted a picture with it that's
not here anymore so i may add another later.
I now have a question about sprues. Say I invest denture in Hanau flask, boil out and use reline jig as a clamp. The lid is facing up, with anterior and posterior of flasks facing jig posts. I'm wanting to modify this by machining through the jig and top of flask (in the middle) to accomidate acrylic cylinder.
This would make for an odd angled sprue. Is this possible or asking for trouble?

thanks,
michelle

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I'll share brux tech and wondered iffacebook link would work.
Login | Facebook
I use Astron Clearsplint, hard surface but flexible & repairable.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Astron injection for vinyl uses hanau varsity flasks with a brazed connection in the heal of flask. They have used this design since the 70's they have changed the injectors several times, but the basic flask still works. If you wish pictures e-mail I could take some and send I don't have any right now. [email protected]

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Astron injection for vinyl uses hanau varsity flasks with a brazed connection in the heal of flask. They have used this design since the 70's they have changed the injectors several times, but the basic flask still works. If you wish pictures e-mail I could take some and send I don't have any right now. [email protected]

Thanks,

I'll send you an email right now, would like to see the photos of flasks. I didn't get ahold of the Astron guy yet, but tried to look up Astron injection and while I vaguley remember them having one in the past, didn't know they still made them.

Michelle

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Your flask are too pretty and clean. Mine look like they've been in the war (Civil War, that is). Like Timex, they keep on ticking.

Wire brush wheel with a shank that fits in the quick chuck brings the brass shine back like new.
aimage.made_in_china.com_2f0j00fCvaNrYnnPqO_Crimped_Wire_Wheel_Brushes_with_Shank.jpg
aimage.made_in_china.com_2f0j00fCvaNrYnnPqO_Crimped_Wire_Wheel_Brushes_with_Shank.jpg