My Hair Brain Idea...Need Opinions

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Still feel the Argen copings are a great option ... fit has been great from our Lava scanner, and the price is flat rate for a Noble product. We havn't sent one from our 3Shape, but I assume they will accept those files as well.

C

corbett

Reaction score
Talladium Tilite is what I used also. I don't recommend melting buttons even though Talladium says it ok. Very foolish to try and save pennies and end up with a bunch of miscast. Its very hard to melt a button and new ingots at the same time......
Today, I would never use nickel - beryllium alloys, and buy from a good company. No cheap chit.

I place button and ingot in crucible and place all in burn out furnace. I cant remember ever having a miscast with Talladium. But as far as saving pennies, I reuse the wax from the boil out pot, careful not to over heat so it is still pink. I use chunks of old refractory casts to fill in framework investment. I use 45 grams of investment to cast up to 9 copings. I refine gold from cpu's. I get teeth for ttp's from the local funeral home. Not really but there is no hot water in my lab. All this saves about $10.00 a day. That pays the utility bills.

Last edited:
Accutech

Accutech

Reaction score
charles007, gotta hand it to you. Tried your NP casting technique and it worked great. Maybe I got lucky because I invested only one coping in the ring and double triple checked everything (I'm usually not this anal...can I say that?) and when I devested it, it was beautiful! Nice matte silver color and the coping fit on the die without any internal adjustments before I even cut off the sprue from the button. Walked over to my other techs to show them my achievement and they just smiled. It took me another five minutes or so to metal finish (cause I have OCD) but I gotta say, this was the easiest NP I have ever done. Next time I'll try it with a full ring and see what happens. Just goes to show you, when you figure you know everything, there's always something more to learn. I love this business, sometimes.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Accutech, good to see my tips worked ! Now order the disks made for NP from Tallidium to finish your metal. This will cut your finishing time to under 5 minutes.
When you reseal your margins, use a margin wax that's the same color as your dippping wax, or close. The reason I say this, if the margin wax is the same color, or very close, you can "see" the thickness easier, and less metal finishing at the margins. Just be carefull to not thin down to much. Better yet, reseal margins using your dipping wax. Using dip wax to reseal margins, you will feel a snap at the margins when you pull off the pattern.
I also use red die spacer with yellow dip wax, this way I can better see the thin spots easier in the wax which are the sharper areas on the die.

Good luck

Last edited:
Top Bottom