My first 3shape/projet printed patterns

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Well...
I got my hands on a 3shape d700 scanner and I'm loving it.
I'm still getting my head around the software but coming from an everest background I'm really enjoying how easy it is to design.
I've got the scans and designs exporting to STL. and dcm. after a few tweaks in the control panel so im very happy with how things are going with it all.

So anyway i sent my first lot of files off for printing and they were great when i got them back in the resin.
I invested and pressed them in e.max and found the expansion was a little high.
To the guys printing here: Are you scaling down your prints to offset the expansion of the investment for e.max and metal. I know it seems simple but i just wanted to see what you guys do.

Here are a couple of photos.

Thanks,

Lachlan.
photo (1).jpg photo.jpg

C

CadCamTech

Reaction score
Yeah we're printing a lot of emax units with DP3000 and no dimensional modification is done with the 3Shape output.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
i got a second and third lot through from different print sources. wow the first lot were not so good compared to the new ones. the first lot had a fair amount of support material over it and the surfaces were really dimply.
any ideas on what they're doing wrong?
photo.jpg

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Not sure where your located but Ryan at Bego USA took great care of me. Extremely smooth surface, great fits and easy to wax to if needed. It also works with the rapid burnout technique. Some of these higher resin content materials will crack the ring during the rapid technique.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I use to visit there on the weekends in my younger days;)

C

CadCamTech

Reaction score
"i got a second and third lot through from different print sources. wow the first lot were not so good compared to the new ones. the first lot had a fair amount of support material over it and the surfaces were really dimply.
any ideas on what they're doing wrong?"

Looks like maybe dewaxing process is being rushed and there is some leftover support wax on the resin, or problem with the two materials blending during printing.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
"i got a second and third lot through from different print sources. wow the first lot were not so good compared to the new ones. the first lot had a fair amount of support material over it and the surfaces were really dimply.
any ideas on what they're doing wrong?"

Looks like maybe dewaxing process is being rushed and there is some leftover support wax on the resin, or problem with the two materials blending during printing.

Actually it looks more like they cleaned the support material off and then they placed the printed part in dish soap in an ultrasonic. Parts should never be cleaned in an ultrasonic using soap because the soap attacks the resin, giving it that white, dried out look. If you cast that crown up it's going to have a very rough surface because of all of those micro pores.