Asiga Max Pro 4K printing issues

T

TrinidentDLNick

Reaction score
Hey all- so I have two Asiga Printers: the Max UV which we purchased almost 2 years ago and have zero issues with ever.
Before the end of 2023 we added a Pro 4K.
I'm in love w the big build plate, and after some playing with I've got the 4K printing batches successfully, and getting overall good results, but I'm noticing more and more prints are coming out with these little tiny holes on the occlusal surface, and cusp tips that my boss does not appreciate :banghead:. I've calibrated, zero'd encoders, cleaned the glass, stirred the resin, turned separation detect on and off, I can't seem to see what my issue is here. Please help! Sometimes sure the scans can be a bit patchy, but I run all of my models through exocad or 3shape model builders and they are certainly solid objects when I look at them in Composer. I cannot waste my days figuring this out when I've got a bunch of stuff to scan and design.
Anyone else having these types of tiny hole issues???

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Post a picture of what these defects look like.

T

TrinidentDLNick

Reaction score
sorry I thought it was obvious from the picture I posted above? right in the main groove of 30, Cusp tips of 29 and 28

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see it, it shows up as a broken image link.
You can always host it on an external host like Imgur and hotlink it, that avoids having to host locally (and be subject to local hosting restrictions).

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Hey all- so I have two Asiga Printers: the Max UV which we purchased almost 2 years ago and have zero issues with ever.
Before the end of 2023 we added a Pro 4K.
I'm in love w the big build plate, and after some playing with I've got the 4K printing batches successfully, and getting overall good results, but I'm noticing more and more prints are coming out with these little tiny holes on the occlusal surface, and cusp tips that my boss does not appreciate :banghead:. I've calibrated, zero'd encoders, cleaned the glass, stirred the resin, turned separation detect on and off, I can't seem to see what my issue is here. Please help! Sometimes sure the scans can be a bit patchy, but I run all of my models through exocad or 3shape model builders and they are certainly solid objects when I look at them in Composer. I cannot waste my days figuring this out when I've got a bunch of stuff to scan and design.
Anyone else having these types of tiny hole issues???
Doesn't Asiga have lifetime support? What have they said?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I can't see the picture but if it is dentamodel then there is no other solution than switch material. There are no bubbles with keymodel ultra for example. As dentamodel is not as flowy, it creates those little airbubbles. And this issue is only with the 4K pro, no info from the new Ultra model, but as it has also bigger build plate, then the bubbles are probably there also.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
If it’s a hole all the way through the model. I’ve found debris on bottom of tray before, perhaps from storage in cardboard box they come in.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Holes through the model mean there's either spots that are failing to establish a base later, and then propagating that up through the model, or else a "dead pixel" indication (the 4K doesn't use an LCD screen, but the issue with the projector is analogous).
Are these holes occurring in the same spot on the build plate each time? You can get holes in the base layers with nicks or dents in the build plate, where there just isn't material to anchor to. But IME, if this occurs it tends to not propagate through the entire model, because the layers that follow the base layers are good at 'bridging' the hole and filling in quickly. It's why you can print models with engraved text on the underside- the resin is effective at bridging gaps in the base layer as long as they're not too big (you can bridge at least two, three mm without too much difficulty).
If you're finding debris inside the tray, it's very likely from your printing- there shouldn't be anything in the unopened trays, and I'd think users would at least inspect a new tray before filling it with resin. Supports that break free, small bits of cured resin still stuck to the build plate, debris from the lab, etc. Do an LCD exposure to clear the bottom of the tray if you're suspicious, or if you just haven't done so in a while.

AaronW12321

AaronW12321

Reaction score
I think I see the same holes on my dies from my asiga 4k, also using asiga dentamodel. I've been ignoring them until now lol 20240305_161428.jpg 20240305_161418.jpg 20240305_161449.jpg

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
We sometimes see those too, but they've never been big enough to care, and don't occur on critical geometry like the margin. They don't really compromise anything if they're that small.