(more) rants about 3i Encode/Bellatek

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
There is no need for them to mount it. I never actually mount it on the articulator. I just arbitrarily put it on a stratos mounting plate. Do that and save yourself $25.

Interesting, I always thought that analog hole was drilled from the bottom. So I guess the placement of the model on the mounting plate just needs to be close to center. I assume the mounting height can also be guesstimated.
I might as well go ahead and charge that $25 since I'll have to remove and remount the model when I get the case back.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I don't really understand their analog placement process. I sent the unmounted model for them to place the analog only. I did not send a bite since all I wanted was the Robocast model with analog.

From what I can tell, they drill out the hole and glue in the analog and then mount the model on an adesso plate for which they charge an additional $25. I didn't ask for this but I guess you have no choice in the matter. It's pointless as far as I can tell since the analog is drilled and seated beneath the model.
no, it gets worse
EVERY time i send a case, mounted on my custom base stone made adesso plates....they break it off my plates and remount AND try to charge me a remount fee. not to mention, THEY SET THE BITE WRONG!
if i didnt mention it,.....i HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this system and charge double everything just to deal with it. by far the absolute worst implant abutment/crown fabrication method known to man.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The robocast process machines need the Adesso Splitex plate to hold the model is what I was told. They scan the model for the code of stamps to indicate rotation, healing cap height, etc, and then it drills a bit deeper than the analog is at proper position(which is why the minimum model height),then squirt in a generous helping of super glue.

They will do robocast only, but it needs to be mounted, and they supply the parts at their price. So best you can get is robocast(45)+analog(31)+tax(2)+shipping(18) still = 96 . For a dentist that is uncomfortable with or resistant to learning the optimal process and scared of goofing things up and losing chair time and/or face with their patient, $100-130ish may not be that bad of a bill to save 45 minutes or more and maybe a reappoint to retake the impression.

No, I don't like the bill, the wait, or the extra layer of oppsification possibilities either, but... I don't write 'em. I just fill 'em.
They did make implants much easier for the GPs, and that is where the money is. Making things easier.

I have called offices before and asked if they knew they could save $100 on the case, they usually are very appreciative of the offer. I've also 'pre-authorized' to verify on first timers and heard the sticker shock because of how much more it costs than normal and they just didn't realize it was a different scenario after it left their office.
everyone should double all 3i charges on these nightmares. i do and refuse to budge on it.
they look like sh*t and cost well above any other method. the Dr would save hundreds of $$ by getting a transfer post and doing a conventional impression.