3i selling crowns

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Just curious if everyone else has got a call from there doctors yet. 2 of our good dentists called us on Friday to let us know that a rep from 3i came by there office and was pitching there Encode system. Nothing new there we do a crap ton of these in the lab. But at the end of the reps spiel, the rep told the doc that they can also fabricate the crown that goes on top of it too...........WTF!!!!!

We have been doing business with both of those docs for 20+ years now, so they ended up telling the rep to pretty much piss off and that they were not going to place another Encode in the future.

Now has anyone else seen this yet. Because im about half tempted to send a bag ****e to 3i headquarters. The sad thing too is we are friends with all the local oral surgeons too so if we asked them to switch Implant providors they would do it in a heartbeat. Bad call 3i if this is true.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Only two companies I trust are Ivoclar and Vident.....

doug

doug

Reaction score
Biomet has taken Straumann's business model and started trying to get the oral surgeons and perio guys to take a digital impression(itero) and have that sent to the lab. At that point the lab would send out the model to Biomet(digitally) for an abutment. Once the abutment comes back into the lab they then make the crown. My Biomet rep was in last Thursday and didn't mention anything about doing crowns complete. I'll be on the phone tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Our office is actual calling the rep monday to get the scoop, our dentist gave us her number :)

All the info i can find is on 3i Incise and new product called Bellatek. They filed the trademark April 15, 2011. Which what it looks like is Copings for the encode system, but there is no mention of it on Biomets website. Just Inside Dental Products makes mention of it.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious if everyone else has got a call from there doctors yet. 2 of our good dentists called us on Friday to let us know that a rep from 3i came by there office and was pitching there Encode system. Nothing new there we do a crap ton of these in the lab. But at the end of the reps spiel, the rep told the doc that they can also fabricate the crown that goes on top of it too...........WTF!!!!!

We have been doing business with both of those docs for 20+ years now, so they ended up telling the rep to pretty much piss off and that they were not going to place another Encode in the future.

Now has anyone else seen this yet. Because im about half tempted to send a bag ****e to 3i headquarters. The sad thing too is we are friends with all the local oral surgeons too so if we asked them to switch Implant providors they would do it in a heartbeat. Bad call 3i if this is true.

Straumann will do this soon as well.

I think they may have bought all the un-sold Lava mills, or maybe other mills.
Most certian they have already begun this. They will take work right from Docs scans and go with it. No need for us anymore. This is how 3M is working their partners. Major conflict of interest in a few different directions.