Encode Complete

N

Ncm

Reaction score
So for the life of me, i have found that the Encode complete system from 3i to be more trouble than its worth when it comes to the final restoration. As a technician i like to be able to have the freedom of design , knowing that what i have designed has been methodically thought out and designed for proper esthetics and biomechanical function. The Encode complete system keeps me from doing that. Yes its easy for the clinical doctor to take an impression of the healing cap abutment, pour up the model and send it to 3i to have them fabricate implant abutments. Its just when i get it,
- the abutments 90% of the time are designed incorrectly, either to tall or big
- there is very little to no thought process when it came to tissue contouring
- the stone model thats drilled by there Robocast machine for the most part obliterates the workable buccal/facial stone leaving a very exposed margin thats supposedly subgingival when there was stone surrounding the area.

Now more time is involved in making a soft tissue model that you can work with, and the abutments have to be moderately to heavily adjusted. It doesnt take that much more time to take an implant/fixture level impression, its just some of these clinical doctors are sold on this system by there sales rep as being the easiest and fastest solution in restoring there cases. Those who have worked with the Encode complete system know what im getting at. I hate to add extra charges to the adjusments being made, just like the doctors, we dont work for free, and i will keep on adding the charges to the bill until doctors realize that the easiest and fastest solution is not always the best.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
right your are the easiest and fastest is no the best
we also found that they are more expensive the other companies- leaving less room for profit
did you get your stratus articulator modified to be calibrated with 3I - we did what wate that was
you should not feel bad about putting on extra charges if you need to modify the abutment - you need to be paid for your time and knowledge

we have only done a few - hope we dont see any more

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
In addition,
- Have to mount to specific plates, and only have two articulators to choose from
- Not very friendly on the phone either, especially when you're trying to help them
- I even drew pictures for them and they still didn't design it the way I wanted....very frustrating.

Still not as bad as Dentsply's Ankylos implant system.

N

Ncm

Reaction score
did you get your stratus articulator modified to be calibrated with 3I

Thats another pain, Encode allows only the use of the Stratos articulator, and if a doctor sends me an Encode impression with a Denar facebow, the Denar Facebow is rendered useless unless i try to "redneck" it.

Still not as bad as Dentsply's Ankylos implant system.

Yes i agree with you on that, only milled stock abutments are available unless you decide to go to a specialize outsource lab that does custom cad design ankylos abutments, we are currently in the process of experimenting with ankylos cad design abutments.

Thanks for comments :D

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Thats another pain, Encode allows only the use of the Stratos articulator, and if a doctor sends me an Encode impression with a Denar facebow, the Denar Facebow is rendered useless unless i try to "redneck" it.

Actually there is a slick attachment for the stratos that can convert the bitefork from any denar, hanau or whipmix facebow directly to the stratos. easy as pie and works.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

Actually there is a slick attachment for the stratos that can convert the bitefork from any denar, hanau or whipmix facebow directly to the stratos. easy as pie and works.

That is correct, I have it and use it all the time.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Where can I get one of the transfer, transfer attachments

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Ivoclar, ask for the Stratos Universal Adapter

Here is a picture of it, and in use!!!!
awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_Model.JPG
awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_IMG_3995.JPG
awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_IMG_3994.JPG
awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_Model.JPG awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_IMG_3995.JPG awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_IMG_3994.JPG

N

Ncm

Reaction score
That is awesome!!!! Thanks Labguy and sixonice, that made my days of doing encode that much less painfail :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've got it down to being able to make a soft tissue model prior to sending the case out for abutment design and fabrication. I've accumulated quite a collection of Encode caps

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
That is awesome!!!! Thanks Labguy and sixonice, that made my days of doing encode that much less painfail :)

glad that helped out! yeah, that adaptor works works so well, so if you have a doctor that likes the denar facebow (and lets face it MANY do!) you can just go on business as usual with the encodes and have no headaches!