Monitor

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
FWIW, 21"-23" monitor is all the eye can see at 3-4' viewing distance without forcing the eye to scroll side to side.

in other words 21"-23" monitors are ideal to help keep the eyes relaxed and reduce eye strain if youre sitting in front of the monitor a ton.

my monitors are all 23".
The issue is controversial.
There are many methods (Bates, PVS etc) to improve the eyesight, which are based on gymnastics of eyes and therefore the forced movement of the eyes, and say that the view is weakened precisely because we keep his eyes fixed too

J

Jorge

Reaction score
What are the ideal size that should have the monitors?
and which are the minimum requirements of the definition of the image?
Without going to spend big bucks;)

You do not say what is the use of the monitor.
For cad cam we use 23 inches monitors, full hd (1920x1080),no need of more resolution
For Excel work I use a bigger one (2560x1600) because I can have more info in the screen
All my monitors have IPS panels for good side viewing and have been calibrated so colors are more accurate (though doctors do not use calibrated cameras)

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
  • I have Exo on a 17.3 Zbook workstation so it's adequate for working remotely. I have a docking station at work so I can easily connect to the server and an additional Samsung 27' 1920x1080 which I use as a 2nd monitor. Back home I also use a Samsung 27' 2nd screen (minus the server of course). Don't think I would use only one screen if I didn't have to but I'm a spoiled brat so I guess that's how that works LOL.
No reason for super high 4, 5 or 8K crazy resolutions unless you are doing some type of specialized personal viewing during breaktime,..right John ;)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Pixels are something we always like more of:)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I agree that over 27" and you can't see it all without more than necessary head or eye movement or backing away from the monitor.

If you can't see the margin on a 27", its not there.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Everyone makes some real valid points, the biggest monitor is just silly if you sit 12" away from the screen. I have a deep desk and feel much more comfortable with my eyes to sit farther away from the screen. The 30" dell I have had for 3 years has been awesome. My new desk is slightly less deep and the 27 should suit me well.

As for 5k res, yeah it was overkill but thats how I roll. Insert roll eyes emoji here....

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
You do not say what is the use of the monitor.
For cad cam we use 23 inches monitors, full hd (1920x1080),no need of more resolution
For Excel work I use a bigger one (2560x1600) because I can have more info in the screen
All my monitors have IPS panels for good side viewing and have been calibrated so colors are more accurate (though doctors do not use calibrated cameras)
It is true, I was not specific ..
For use with CAD

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
921cf069468329d1492bc07ac833ac22.jpg

5k baby firing up this bad boy Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using
Jhon, tell us your impressions about your new game.
.it was worth it?
You notice the difference compared to the monitor that you had before?
Tapatalk

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Still not set up, doing some office remodeling, we are also changing to a server client set up with 3shape and I have not had the time to set it up

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
I am using two 24" HD monitors, it works well better for me than one with higher resolution or bigger size.

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
I'm using a 27 monitor and wish it were larger. It's about 2 feet away from my bad eyes.
At this distance (2 feet) you have no problems, you feel comfortable?
Or you feel that a 24 would be better?
I ask because my working distance will be very similar.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have two CAD stations, one with 27 and 24. I like the 27 better.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Excuse yet another question:
that definition has the 27? 2560X1440?
I'm only at 1920x1080 HDMI connection it works fine for me. Would like the screen a little larger for some things.