milling help asap

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm not talking about their tooling. I'm saying get them on the phone and explain to them what you want. They should be able to help you out.
thats the next step today, just know its going to take hours and they will bust my balls about not using their tools.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, get CAP on the phone...heck, put that $200/month service payment to use. Which I still cringe over, CAP says if you spend over $1200 they will waive the $200 maintenance fee...funny, they charged me again and I spent twice as much that last month with uncle hank. Sad to see such an awesome company go down the drain as fast as they have...to think, it all started when they got rid of their lab sales reps (Kerri was mine). I remember giving Bob some shlt on here, and was told it won't, well chalk one up to me being right again imo.
all i spend with cap is the $200/mo now. had i known they were in the process to sell to schein i would NOT have purchased my mill from them. i wanted their support, not their materials. now i dont get either.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Why don’t you mill it as a framework design it is smaller and you you can sinter faster. Then wax up to full contour then press as Lisi ? Stain and glaze and it’s strong as ****. Our the door. Boom [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Why don’t you mill it as a framework design it is smaller and you you can sinter faster. Then wax up to full contour then press as Lisi ? Stain and glaze and it’s strong as ****. Our the door. Boom [emoji95]

any time youre layering, the layered ceramic is the weakest point. we want full contour for that reason

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
any time youre layering, the layered ceramic is the weakest point. we want full contour for that reason

You will be pressing to zirconia so it won’t be weak at all as Lisi is pretty damn strong and much more aesthetic. If you layered if yes I get it but if you gave yourself proper space for the material you can go full contour and it will be strong as heck.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You will be pressing to zirconia so it won’t be weak at all as Lisi is pretty damn strong and much more aesthetic. If you layered if yes I get it but if you gave yourself proper space for the material you can go full contour and it will be strong as heck.

i use loads of lisi here, dont disagree that it will look great and be strong....but its still not what the Dr requested, and not as strong as full contour zirconia.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

got something in your eye there bud? :D

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
got something in your eye there bud? :D

I usually am allowed to do whatever with my dentists when I tell them what will work so I didn’t know you where not allowed to change materials. Sorry.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I usually am allowed to do whatever with my dentists when I tell them what will work so I didn’t know you where not allowed to change materials. Sorry.

most of the time, that is true. this was an exception....as i stated, its a compromised case to start with, so Dr is looking for as much strength as we can get (without being completely unesthetic.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b Did you ever get it figured out? What did you end up doing?
ended up getting an emergency bridge made from another lab...not a high trans zirc so i dont like it. not going to use it unless i absolutely have to.
played with nesting and tooling for a few hours saturday and got a good mill out of it after 5 tries. i dont have the patience to sit there for 2hr and watch it mill to see when it was chipping margins. the simulations showed nothing causing issues but still had some. expensive bridge, let me tell you! pt is in tomorrow for try in, and to choose gingival shade if they want some gingiva added. will post pics of the final when i get it back to glaze.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
this is too much! I can't wait that long...

image.php

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
this is too much! I can't wait that long...

image.php
hold on to your britches buddy! patient appt is first thing tomorrow morning. i should have it back in my hands thursday! maybe, if you behave, ill post pics friday. maybe

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm off the grid by noon.Vroam

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
Next time just outscource to a good milling company with fast return times. Dentcore reallly good. Anything chips they’ll remill for you. 3 unit bridge can use lava esthetics especially for anteriors.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I just scanned through all of the posts really quickly. I'm sure you've sorted this now but I had a similar issue with a tool being to short to mill something even though it was the extra long tool. I just ground the shank down to reduce the diameter. Probably not recommended but worked ok.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
:Congrats:Genius,,,,,

Or re making that abutment with the long margin...moving that margin upward from the soft tissue. Its on the lingual anyways and not in the aesthetic zone. Wudda saved a lot of stress and $$$on discs..Just my 2 cents'
@sidesh0wb0b ...Still waiting to see the end results though.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
:Congrats:Genius,,,,,

Or re making that abutment with the long margin...moving that margin upward from the soft tissue. Its on the lingual anyways and not in the aesthetic zone. Wudda saved a lot of stress and $$$on discs..Just my 2 cents'
@sidesh0wb0b ...Still waiting to see the end results though.
let me see if i have pics. got it done finally. was a fun challenge for sure.
the deep margin area was on the facial and distofacial. wasnt much we could do to push that margin more. like i said, it was a compromised case to start. i knew it wouldnt be easy. still dont have a perfect solution if this comes up again. the outsourced bridges i paid for were NOT acceptable for a variety of reasons (none of them being chipping though) thanks to @KentPWalton for helping me with some troubleshooting on this too. had to remill it AGAIN but got something i could work with. stained, glazed, and out the door. insert went well and pt is happy. thats what matters. will post a pic from my phone.