milling help asap

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
All this for a lousy phone pic? What are we here? Fail Army?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
All this for a lousy phone pic? What are we here? Fail Army?

based on how my life is right now, yes. everything is fail army. with the exception of the lab. it's rocketman.
8d1ec49ae43d02578ec172c51aff890a.jpg

best i can find right now. i think i have a post-stain/glaze pic. just not seeing it now.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Gary Busy tooth library.

indeed.
patient shows 2-3mm of incisal on the most extreme smile he can muster in his old age. sooooo, not really a concern. i offered pink porcelain to mask the length. was a no go. this should last the guy a lifetime if you know what i mean.

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
What is the strength on that zirconia? Cantilever bridge with high trans zirconia even anterior has never worked for me. I’ve found using 1200mpa designed well with good cutback much stronger than Full contour with high translucent. Case looks great.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
What is the strength on that zirconia? Cantilever bridge with high trans zirconia even anterior has never worked for me. I’ve found using 1200mpa designed well with good cutback much stronger than Full contour with high translucent. Case looks great.

this was milled with Ron/TD Dental Extreme zirconia. strength is ~670MPa i believe. stronger than pressed emax or similar. those connections are massive. prob 9-10mm tall and 3-8mm thick depending upon the area measured. we have had nearly no breakage of super high trans zirconia like this. i wouldn't normally place a cantilever like this, but the patient had a failed implant at the 11 site and since he was older he didn't want to go through another 6-12 mo of bone/tissue grafts, placement, and healing time. this was the next best option. high strength zirconia was advised but we decided to try it with high trans first. prob won't ever have an issue.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Do all milled bridges need a support bar attached? I have a three unit anterior to mill out today.What length requires a support bar?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Do all milled bridges need a support bar attached? I have a three unit anterior to mill out today.What length requires a support bar?
no they dont all need.
IMHO its based around how long of a span, and if its turning a corner. the stabilizer just keeps it from warping some strange direction during sinter. ive done a 6unit (mostly posterior) without a stabilizer no issues. ive also done a 5unit that rounded the corner and put a stabilizer on it.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
No they don't all need. I don't think you need for a 3 unit bridge.

I think as a standard I've heard 6+ units will need the support bar. You should stick to this.

I've done 10-11 unit bridges without any support structure that fit perfect. I think it is because of the sintering granulat like the one Zubler or AG sells. It acts as a support.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
No they don't all need. I don't think you need for a 3 unit bridge.

I think as a standard I've heard 6+ units will need the support bar. You should stick to this.

I've done 10-11 unit bridges without any support structure that fit perfect. I think it is because of the sintering granulat like the one Zubler or AG sells. It acts as a support.
Thank you!

L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
Make that part of the margin as thick as you possibly can and take back off in the green state after its milled.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
As others have stated, no you don't. Only time we use a stabilizer bar is if we have multiple abutments and/or anything that starts in one quadrant and ends in another. Hope that helps