Light cure boxes, which is the best?

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I am wondering what is the best light curing box on the market. Which one cures the material in the least amount of time.
Years ago I used a light cure box that had a pulsating light that cured stuff very efficiently ...seemed like it was heraeus kulzer but not 100% on that. Anyways what happened to those things? Can you still get them? Just to clarify it's for curing baseplate's.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I am wondering what is the best light curing box on the market. Which one cures the material in the least amount of time.
Years ago I used a light cure box that had a pulsating light that cured stuff very efficiently ...seemed like it was heraeus kulzer but not 100% on that. Anyways what happened to those things? Can you still get them? Just to clarify it's for curing baseplate's.

I don't know what the best light curing machine but I have one called Star Cure 360 that I got from Harris Discount at least ten years ago that's still going strong (I say this and it'll quit on me today! :) Anyway, it's not big but a nice little machine.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
I have an old, and I mean 15-18 years old, Kulzer Dentacolor box that we still use for blockout on our dies. Never made any money on their composite stuff. Worlds most expensive blockout system.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I use an Ivoclar Targis. Its been reliable so far. Can sometimes find them on ebay.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sunshine.

Ever try it?

Works great! Star's output pretty much cover every radiation you could possible emit.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Astron I have the old one but Doug says the new one does the same only in half the time.
ASTRON Dental Lake Zurich, IL. USA 800-323-4144
I mostly use if for opaque frameworks & custom trays, the baseplates I just process, I like really stable & to make it super thin under the teeth.

Top Bottom