Imes Icore 240i

• Thread starter JandBDentalStudio
  • Start date
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Pretty much all machines run in indexed 3 axis cutting for the most of the time... or rather say 2 axis...since the spirals/waterline are constant Z...:rolleyes:

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Slight learning curve, but definitely not as difficult as it first seems! Minimal weekly maintenance, usually change out the tools once a month, unless we break one. Once we were properly set up everything flowed nicely! Our biggest mistake was not having a large enough air compressor, but we fixed that and it runs like a champ! Our fits are right on the money every time! We are really quite happy with everything! There's the occasional headache that any piece of equipment offers, but very minimal issues!
Awesome to hear and makes me jealous! When you say fits are right on the money, is this viewed under high power microscope? Because sirona cerec inlab users say the same thing. I found most Sirona inlab milled stuff looks good with the naked eye and a quick glance but under a microscope they're hideous.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Awesome to hear and makes me jealous! When you say fits are right on the money, is this viewed under high power microscope? Because sirona cerec inlab users say the same thing. I found most Sirona inlab milled stuff looks good with the naked eye and a quick glance but under a microscope they're hideous.
Funny, this reminds me when I looked at my first pfm crown under a scope in the late 70's ....10 or 20X
Until that day I was very proud of my fits and told many times how well my casting were.. The scope tells the truth .. all margins are open,, some much more than others lol
Like a doctor told me years ago, all crown fit, some fit better than others lol crappiest doctor I ever worked for, and highly respected by the public. haha

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
I have actually checked out my margins under the microscope and for the most part aren't open, occasionally I'll get a small spot here or there. But
I'm happy with them and so are our doctors!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Aaron, thanks for sharing your update on your 240i. Rather shocking to learn your haven't needed the 5th axis except on 1 case in 1.5 years... Guess I was wrong and 4 axis milling will be around for years to come.
Please share the learning curve of milling inhouse.. Any repairs on the mill, replaced parts ? I'm assuming your getting better fits and less adjusting ,, at least I've heard that from other small labs..
Charles I have done some very wild geometries with my 4x mill, in the beginning a few of the bigger bridges that had complex insertion angels were an issue because I was new to using the software. Once you learn what to do only the most complex implant bridges necessitate 5x. I think the average lab that is looking now can make very good money growing their ZI business and by buying a cheap 4x mill and make cash with it.

Here is a pretau style restoration I milled in PMMA on my mini.
null_zps3f42a416.jpg

null_zps64cd016e.jpg

null_zps5000b758.jpg

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
Alex,
Milling long span implant bridges CoCr Accuracy?.
We didn't mill it yet, but I saw them in our friends milling center and fits were very good.

L

labtek

Reaction score
Charles I have done some very wild geometries with my 4x mill, in the beginning a few of the bigger bridges that had complex insertion angels were an issue because I was new to using the software. Once you learn what to do only the most complex implant bridges necessitate 5x. I think the average lab that is looking now can make very good money growing their ZI business and by buying a cheap 4x mill and make cash with it.

Here is a pretau style restoration I milled in PMMA on my mini.

How long did it take to mill this in pmma on your mini?
null_zps3f42a416.jpg

null_zps64cd016e.jpg

null_zps5000b758.jpg

Top Bottom