Imes Icore 240i

• Thread starter JandBDentalStudio
  • Start date
Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm going to purchase the 240 Imes this week. My rep told me there will be an option to upgrade it to five axis and it's good for my future abilities.
I will get this mill with the smartoptics 880 running exocad, hope it is good choice and I'll be at the open cad/cam side.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm going to purchase the 240 Imes this week. My rep told me there will be an option to upgrade it to five axis and it's good for my future abilities.
I will get this mill with the smartoptics 880 running exocad, hope it is good choice and I'll be at the open cad/cam side.

Open architecture CAD CAM is the way to go . You are making the right choice . Once you have them , please post some feedback , especially for the 880 . Thanks .

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
I'm working with inlab mcxl for 1,5 year now and decided to try open CAD CAM, thats because of DLN, tons of useful info, thank you guys. I appreciate all the information that I gathered here so I'll post my feedbacks anyway, wait for just 8-10 weeks till the system arrive to me.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
@ Bob and Ryan - ARe you guys really sold on the iCore for milling eMax? I'm sure the margins are better than Cerec, but are they really that good? How often do you have to do post-processing margin adds?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I have also heard the margins coming out are not all that great too...Any word?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Our initial finings are very encouraging. However, we still need it do some CAM optimization as there are still a few problems. We will keep you posted.

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
It's about a month since I've got 240 and the mill is very accurate ,so do the scanner but 880 is not a fastest one. That was not easy for me to learn new system, so I was a little bit angry sometimes. Now I see the difference between craplab and the real mill( even the smallest from imes icore).
asphotos_a.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_ash3_c67.0.403.403_p403x403c2ae648f23ae9948f04c62e833bba8e3.jpg
563188_159115490919797_360748510_n.jpg
asphotos_d.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_ash3_c22.0.133.133_p133x1334c6bd3ba7d9b44d2a0a6eb44d7aaf2c2.jpg
asphotos_a.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_ash3_c67.0.403.403_p403x403c2ae648f23ae9948f04c62e833bba8e3.jpg asphotos_d.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_ash3_c22.0.133.133_p133x1334c6bd3ba7d9b44d2a0a6eb44d7aaf2c2.jpg

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Nice !!! So you're not happy with 880 ? Other than the speed is the accuracy good ? Do you have to make lots of additional scans to have a decent scan ?

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
Accuracy is perfect, my doctors are happy with fitting, fullarch bridges especially. Also I had no enough time to learn well because of increasing job, so I'm learning during the process. Additional scans are rare now because I understood how to use scanner.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Alex, what are the specs on your computer ? slower computer will slow down your scanner..
Had you read more here on DLN you would have learned the 880 is an older model and slow. See if they will trade up for one of the newer model Smart Optics scanners..
They did tell you your buying an older model scanner, Right ?

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
Charles, my computer is powerful enough- i7, nvidia 660, etc. I haven't any info about new smartoptics scaner even on their site, mine has new programm version. 880 is a mechanical scaner -weight is 38 kg,so the speed isn't high, and not criticaly slow for me. May be I'll choose another scaner but I have no wide choice in market here- in Russia , my decision was to by all in one place -the company who sold me the cad/cam system represents imes icore, exocad,nt-traiding ,dental direct ,smartoptics and some others (they gave the water milling option to me as a present). All these names DLN opened to me, thanks a lot, guys,or I'll still be thinking inlab and Zzahn are best.

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
Uups I did it again...

Last edited:
Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Right choice Alex! We also install 240 as additional to 550! It's slower than 550 but for that price it great!

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
Hope someday I'll purchase 550 as additional to my 240.:cool:

T

taki

Reaction score
Hi Alex, 550 is definitely a good choise; you should take care corrosion issues on 240 if using wet grinding option.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I don't want to put a dark cloud on the thread. But, as an Imes distributor, I am wondering why you guys are buying into a 4 axis mills. Are you aware that not having a fifth axis will result in the following limitations:
Some bridges will require much thicker pucks due to path of insertion.
Thicker pucks leads to longer mill time, shorter life span of tolls and increased cost for materials.
Total inability to mill some bridges due to angle needed to mill in four axis.
unable to mill any bridge with a path of insertion problem or undercut.
You will not be able to mill any screw retained bridgework.
Imes is coming out with the 250i 5 axis shortly. I think this is a much better choice when compared to the 240i.
Just an FYI, at CAP we now have 10 mills and have our next one on order. Out of all these mills only one (Lava) is a four axis. This is also the oldest mill we currently have. I never say never about anything. But, I really don't see four axis as a viable solution for dental.
Why limit yourself???

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I don't want to put a dark cloud on the thread. But, as an Imes distributor, I am wondering why you guys are buying into a 4 axis mills. Are you aware that not having a fifth axis will result in the following limitations:
Some bridges will require much thicker pucks due to path of insertion.
Thicker pucks leads to longer mill time, shorter life span of tolls and increased cost for materials.
Total inability to mill some bridges due to angle needed to mill in four axis.
unable to mill any bridge with a path of insertion problem or undercut.
You will not be able to mill any screw retained bridgework.
Imes is coming out with the 250i 5 axis shortly. I think this is a much better choice when compared to the 240i.
Just an FYI, at CAP we now have 10 mills and have our next one on order. Out of all these mills only one (Lava) is a four axis. This is also the oldest mill we currently have. I never say never about anything. But, I really don't see four axis as a viable solution for dental.
Why limit yourself???

I agree 100% Bob. When is the release date for the 250i

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I believe they are taking orders now and will be shipping in the next 8 weeks.
The mill we have on order for our use is a wet 250i.
If you want more details Sam is up on the exact timing and or pricing. You can reach him at [email protected]

Top Bottom