Learning resources / documentation for Programill CAM on PM7?

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey all,
We've had a new PM7 for about a month now, running all emax cases, and it's clearly a great machine... but the installer training for using the CAM side of things was almost nonexistent, and the biggest barrier to techs getting good results seems to be a poor understanding of the software, and of what is required to avoid broken tools + blocks when setting up jobs. We've had to figure most of out out through trial and error, because the basic workflow they showed us didn't actually teach us how to set up jobs effectively, how to deal with the auto-feature detection not working, etc.
I called Ivoclar's support up, and they said there's no Programill manual available for us to read up on, which seems... bizarre. Is that true? I've never seen a CAM package released that didn't include halfway thorough documentation, but I can't find anything with google, either. They did offer to do better training for our techs some time soon, which would be great and which I plan on taking advantage of, but I really do want some proper documentation that I can refer to for issues that come up. Support, even if it's good support, is no substitute for documentation with these things.

W

Wrecknician

Reaction score
I don't have it, but there is definitely a PrograMill CAM manual. Section 1.5 of the PrograMill PM7 manual is "Supporting documents" and it lists "Operating Instructions PrograMill CAM"

Top Bottom