Help! Need shade darker than 4D.

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
20150611_123425_zpsc5pqbnu5.jpg
One of our doctor's patients have very dark tetracycline staining on his teeth and we tried using shade 4D (Ivoclar Vivosit). Dr. says too light, and is requesting D6 but there is no such shade.

Is there any manufacturers that sell very dark denture teeth? Or is there any way to stain down the denture teeth before processing in valplast?
a>

Last edited:
Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Oh boy. How do you post an image? Trying to post image from photobucket.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Copy the IMG code and paste it in your post.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Copy the IMG code and paste it in your post.

Yes, forget trying to use "Image, insert image" just use the IMG link from Photobucket.When you click on the image you want to submit, you'll get that option in the pop up box to the right, left click on the IMG link, it will go yellow (meaning it copied),and then come back here and right click and Paste in your post . Later on you'll figure out the other option (from PC as I use, not sure concerning Smart phones) to upload and submit thumbnail or full size image.

Last edited:
Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
I'm using my phone. I'm not on a computer right now. Sorry, I'm such a noob. Do you copy the url and paste it? It's giving me 4 different urls to choose from. Email&IM, Direct, HTML, or IMG. Which one do I copy?

I'm gonna try from an actual computer. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Try it again Sever error message.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
wait a minute is this a picture of a picture...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol ;) yes, looks to be.

Last edited:
Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah. At least you can get the idea of what I'm up against. Unfortunately, I don't have the mouth here or the original file... I'll call and ask for it. You guys know of any manufacturers that sell darker teeth? Or know of a staining kit for denture teeth?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This is where I depart..I'm crown and bridge only. Nice job on hanging in there and getting the photo submitted, Denturepropgh :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i uh used to know a guy that uh >.> stained denture teeth with... uh... <.< cigar smoke....

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
So, I should just tell the guy to start chain smoking cigars then?

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
I seen in the Zahn 2014-15 catalogue, they have on pg. 69 upper right hand corner a product called Minute Stain. Maybe I should tinker around with that....(shrugs)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I seen in the Zahn 2014-15 catalogue, they have on pg. 69 upper right hand corner a product called Minute Stain. Maybe I should tinker around with that....(shrugs)
If you have a ceramics dept. where you are, try mixing some powder stain with palaseal or some other light cured 'glaze'. It won't last forever, but what other choice do you have??