help!!!!!!!!! need some guidance with a shade please.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I find digital extremely boring.
Sure ,the more advanced stuff can be cool but the bread and butter goes stale after a while.

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Dave @ 60 yrs...tough grind for sure but adopting Cad Cam many years ago was my best decision. You know, always weighing this, that and the other becomes a massive brain drain. Having said that, realising and adopting the furture has kept me in the game for sure and...you're only a "step" behind at this point in time. You will see New avenues evolve before your eyes. Revenue generation is purely based on you're pursuit. If, you don't assimilate, you will be punished... Not meaning to joke At All, I have many a sleepless night still, with our industry, but, some new tools have been laid in our path, somewhat like "God and the rowboat" theme.

If your work is truly appreciated by your clients, you have Enormous worth!!! Never, ever forget 1 oz of all of the training, searching, practice and yes , time, often away from where you'd like to be.

Never Forget!

This really is a paridiam shift going on but hey, look at the printing industry afterwards and how they grasped and evolved. It's really only about delivering a product " In demand" at an affordable and profit generating equation.

You can do it!!! Do it you will [emoji6]

You will never be bored [emoji5]

Dave

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave................. maybe there is hope. I already have Exocad and an ST2 scanner. Talking with someone now about getting 3shape scanner/software for it's easy of learning. Also have seen many threads about how many more are in favor of ExoCad, primarily, and I agree, because of all the fees associated with 3Shape. Definately not a fan of those yearly fees. complete openness is what I want, with lean manufacturing.
Looking for someone who will for the time being, mill non-precious, PmmA, and Zirconia. Which would you have 3shape or Exocad? I'm thinking why go 3shape and entry level scanner, when I already have software, and a half way decent scanner, and just get the milling equipment, sintering oven, and particulars, after all, I'm a one man band here, and if cheap is what most docs want, give them that, as long as I make money on it. It beats the hell out of waxing a nine unit case with non-precious metal and having to solder it.
Last I heard, Argen wasn't taking on any new accounts for SLM. Anyone else heard differently.
Also, in the past, I had sent a lab a couple of cases who had 3 shape and they were able to accept my STL files, so why wouldn't Argen be able to. I'm not up to speed on all the new "gadgets" and how they interface. Any help would be appreciated.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks Dave................. maybe there is hope. I already have Exocad and an ST2 scanner. Talking with someone now about getting 3shape scanner/software for it's easy of learning. Also have seen many threads about how many more are in favor of ExoCad, primarily, and I agree, because of all the fees associated with 3Shape. Definately not a fan of those yearly fees. complete openness is what I want, with lean manufacturing.
Looking for someone who will for the time being, mill non-precious, PmmA, and Zirconia. Which would you have 3shape or Exocad? I'm thinking why go 3shape and entry level scanner, when I already have software, and a half way decent scanner, and just get the milling equipment, sintering oven, and particulars, after all, I'm a one man band here, and if cheap is what most docs want, give them that, as long as I make money on it. It beats the hell out of waxing a nine unit case with non-precious metal and having to solder it.
Last I heard, Argen wasn't taking on any new accounts for SLM. Anyone else heard differently.
Also, in the past, I had sent a lab a couple of cases who had 3 shape and they were able to accept my STL files, so why wouldn't Argen be able to. I'm not up to speed on all the new "gadgets" and how they interface. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Randy, I used 3shape for years and got fed up with bugs, work flow restrictions not to mention the fees for all that pleasure. Feel so much better having moved to Exocad!!!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I never had issue with " bugs" until recently. Mostly with Trios scan files being misplaced or with model builder.
Argen has been great in providing any support I needed in a timely matter.

I find the auto features to be glitchy .
I think 3 Shape's direction is moving towards the chairside design process where auto features may be more beneficial.