Anyone make their own denture base shade tabs?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting more into denture origination and have been thinking about shade selection methods for the denture base.

I may be missing it entirely, wouldn't be a first, but I can't find shade tabs in variable thickness for Diamond D or any other material for that matter.

I'm thinking variable thickness because immediates forever relined is the way most patients here go for treatment. Not the plan, and not ideal, but it's really really common for them to never appear for followup unless they've broken something or are getting sores 4 years later.

What I'm thinking of doing is processing a bunch in my 12 well stain trays with a circle of wrought wire in them and then string them bracelet style.

Have anyone ever had a issue where the single thickness shade tabs were seen as limiting for ease of proper selection?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I think it that will work fine. You probably wouldn't even need the wrought wire, just use a #10 bur for the hole for your chain to go through.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting more into denture origination and have been thinking about shade selection methods for the denture base.

I may be missing it entirely, wouldn't be a first, but I can't find shade tabs in variable thickness for Diamond D or any other material for that matter.

I'm thinking variable thickness because immediates forever relined is the way most patients here go for treatment. Not the plan, and not ideal, but it's really really common for them to never appear for followup unless they've broken something or are getting sores 4 years later.

What I'm thinking of doing is processing a bunch in my 12 well stain trays with a circle of wrought wire in them and then string them bracelet style.

Have anyone ever had a issue where the single thickness shade tabs were seen as limiting for ease of proper selection?
Just ask supplier to include a shade guide for a new Dr. in your next order.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just ask supplier to include a shade guide for a new Dr. in your next order.
Thanks for reminding me, but I have them that are uniform thickness.
I was looking at availability of variable thickness tabs for the reason(s) above in the post you quoted.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I think it that will work fine. You probably wouldn't even need the wrought wire, just use a #10 bur for the hole for your chain to go through.
Nifty, thanks! There's a group local that can make some nice custom tags with the labs info to attach.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me, but I have them that are uniform thickness.
I was looking at availability of variable thickness tabs for the reason(s) above in the post you quoted.
The old set I have for diamond d is variable thickness.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The old set I have for diamond d is variable thickness.
Ahhh, that explains it. They don't make 'em like they used to. ;)

They're uniform 3.5mm thick round corner squares now. Got some of those already out.

Thanks for chiming back in.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ahhh, that explains it. They don't make 'em like they used to. ;)

They're uniform 3.5mm thick round corner squares now. Got some of those already out.

Thanks for chiming back in.
Mine are maybe 15 years old came with the lab lol

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Flexite supplies a triple thickness shade for T-Val make a silicone mold and process some. Zalinskies are nice for showing at shows.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
For those who wanted to know more about and how I make the custom shade guides I showed above.

Attachments

• Shade_guide_article.pdf
    340.5 KB · Views: 13
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I want to do this, but with ivobase, its way easier and cost effective pouring in some resin.