Help! Need shade darker than 4D.

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Boy, I wonder how much it costs though. I might take Rkm's approach, just to try it out for fun. That would be a very yucky try-in. "It tastes like there's something burning...." Lol.

Thanks Doris!

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Looks like he has some tobacco staining at the gingival 3rds, if I may speculate. So it should get there eventually right? So I'm going with a micro- torched C4?!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Looks like he has some tobacco staining at the gingival 3rds, if I may speculate. So it should get there eventually right? So I'm going with a micro- torched C4?!!!

cut it back,flame it and add clear acrylic.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Just make it a 4D...and offer a bleaching tray as well...;)

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
I was thinking about asking the doctor about the option of the patient bleaching up to the shade of his crowns. That would make things so much easier. I am also very intrigued by the concept of a flaming denture tooth. But it's probably going to compromise the hell out of the case. I don't like putting out sub-standard work and I really care about the outcome for the patient. I think I'm going to try to stain it down. But it's not a very permanent solution. I don't want this to be a career case, y'know?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Bioblend 118 or bio form 87, the minute stains from Tabu can be used but even with the sealer they pick up more stains, and you can't pumice to clean. Kherson Universal used to have some blotchy dark teeth for matching tetracycline stained teeth.q

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Flaming acrylic teeth does not generally darken them, they tend to get white grey blotch as the dyes are evaporated out of the base PMMA.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Flaming acrylic teeth does not generally darken them, they tend to get white grey blotch as the dyes are evaporated out of the base PMMA.

Come to think of it you're right Ajel.
I must have been thinking of marshmellows.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if they were joking or not, but if I had one, I'd be torching it right now to see what would happen.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If it worked then we'd be friggin' geniuses,
if it didn't the we'd be effing a hole mad scientists.

My favorite scene from Apollo 13 is when they have to extract the co2 from the capsule and the nasa engineers have to make something from materials on board.

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
That's my favorite scene as well! I'm all for the scientific method of coming to a favor let result. Hell, I'll try anything at this point. Well, I guess it's time to make this happen. I'll keep you informed. How did you forum savvy techs posy the actual image in the post? I wanna be the real deal.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
By the way......
If you click on the link icon above your pic, then copy the IMG code and paste it in your post......
You get the picture in your post, rather than a link.

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Thanks a lot ladies and gents for all your help and humor. Don't know what I'd do with out you.

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score

Ok. So flame throwing is a no go.C4 next to c4.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
.....but on a brighter note, you've figured out the pic thing! That puts you in the top 4% of all DLN users!
If that was a marshmallow, it would be perfect for a s'more.