Exocad, open system and hostage users .....

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, my friends Exocad users around the world ,

One of the greatest features of exocad is the open format and the support of exocad toward other companies with a similar philosophy. This open format gives the technician multiple options in regards to the complex problems they are faced with daily to find the best solutions for their clients. From finding the best equipment to pair with exocad or partnering with a manufacturing center that provides great products and service. If a exocad user finds something they do not like about the equipment, there are multiple options to change to, 'choices' to meet their needs or expectations. The same holds true for manufacturing partners. If exocad users are dissatisfied with the quality or service of their milling center, they are free to explore other avenues and find a business that meets their needs and provides better service. This is what makes a free market great, options.

The business structure of exocad is such that end users must purchase a exocad license through a reseller. This reseller profits from the purchase of exocad and other modules by the end user and for a fee may provide technical support to the end user.

End users have the option to purchase another update contract and/or technical support from the reseller.

What if a end user has not been satisfied with the technical support or other business practices of their reseller during the extent of their contract? What recourse does the end user have?

At this time, the end user must get a letter of permission from the original reseller allowing them to change to another reseller. If the original reseller refuses, the end user has only two choices. They may opt to pay their update contract to the current reseller they are dissatisfied with or choose to let the contract lapse and not have the benefits of software updates provided with new engine builds. This seems to go against the principles of exocad's open philosophy.

If the original contract between reseller and end user has been satisfied, why must the end user obtain permission of the reseller to change to another? Some businesses provide better service than others and end users should have the open option to change to whichever reseller they believe will provide them with best support. This seems more in line with an open philosophy and what end users have come to expect from exocad. We want the freedom to choose who to build our business relationships with.

FCM for all hostages users ! ;)

logo.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We want to know if we own the software license or does the reseller and why we can't change resellers easily if we don't like or get along with them.
For instance, if we purchase the license for a year and 2 months later we want to change reseller support. Why can't we? The reseller already made their profit on the sale of the license and modules, if we want to abandon them and pay someone else for support why not? Its our money?

If we bought a new BMW and didn't like how we were treated at the dealership we could do business with other BMW dealers without restrictions.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
In a first step, I tried to transfer in Germany , an Exocad partner "worldwide"
without success ....

:(

Dear FCM ,

Thank you very much for your request. Carola from our support sent it to me.
We checked the serial no of the dongle with the results we didn't delivered this dongle.
I think your customer bought it from another supplier. So sorry but we can't offer in this case an update - it's only possible for dentCreate Version; not for other brands.

Please let it me know if you have further questions.

Best regards
Matthias Koch (Mr.)
- Sales Manager Dental -
Matthias Koch <[email protected]>
----
visit our new homepage: www.smartoptics.de the latest version of dentProgress: www.dentprogress.com

smartoptics Sensortechnik GmbH
Lise-Meitner-Allee 10
44801 Bochum, Germany

Phone +49 (0) 234 29 828 17
Mobil +49 (0) 176 218 72048
Fax +49 (0) 234 29 828 20
Web www.smartoptics.de

Captprov_H20093801.jpg

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Learn the rules well, so you know how to break them properly.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think these resellers need to held accountable for their actions .
Some work harder at learning their software and supporting users at higher levels. Some do nothing but the bare minimum. If we had options to change easily, I think we would see huge improvement in user satisfaction.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Some work harder at learning their software and supporting users at higher levels. Some do nothing but the bare minimum. If we had options to change easily, I think we would see huge improvement in user satisfaction.

I think exocad and 3 shape are getting off easy here.
They should be the ones that set standards and guidelines for their resellers to follow. Why are they washing their hands of this?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think exocad and 3 shape are getting off easy here.
They should be the ones that set standards and guidelines for their resellers to follow. Why are they washing their hands of this?

The company that finds the best solution to managing their resellers probably has the brighter future. I have read what is expected of exo resellers. Talking with other users it seems some of the resellers are not meeting their agreed expectations. The easy solution for the software companies is to open the regulations on changing resellers. The weak will be weeded out by competition with those that excel at customer service.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
in a second step , after Germany, I tried to transfer to the US !
The US reseller asked me to send up a letter to the US Exocad President to confirm my request , that's what I did without success ….

:(:(

FCM, Unfortuantely, we cannot process these kinds of international reseller transfers at this time. I will keep your request on file if this kind of transfer is possible in the future.
Thanks for your continued interest in exocad.

Larry Bodony
President, Exocad America
600 W. Cummings ParkSuite 4100
Woburn, MA 10801 USA
t: +1 855 396-4223
f: +1 617 963-1506
m: +1 339 222-7787
w: http://www.exocad.com

We will continue tomorrow with the third step !!!!! :mad:

What a bad trip ! Bawling

Last edited:
LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Here's a question;

Do you think it's fair that a certain "reseller", in their infinite wisdom, decided to block access to the 100% free "Dentalshare" file sharing service offered to all users of Exocad.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Here's a question;

Do you think it's fair that a certain "reseller", in their infinite wisdom, decided to block access to the 100% free "Dentalshare" file sharing service offered to all users of Exocad.
That's pretty lame. What was their reasoning? Is it a branded version of exocad?

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Remember,...Dentalshare is just a service/server offered free of charge to customers of Exocad,...oh yeah,...I'm pissed

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Remember,...Dentalshare is just a service/server offered free of charge to customers of Exocad,...oh yeah,...I'm pissed
If you have access to the XML config files you can probably enable this yourself.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The problem appears to be there is no reseller getting drug into the daylight by name so those in the market don't get sucked in.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
If you have access to the XML config files you can probably enable this yourself.

I was told that the fix can be found in a single line of code. Unfortunately I have no experience with code tampering so here I sit,.. feeling less like A mann ,..more like a Girr l (do ya like how I did that?)

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Here's a question;

If nothing changes, so we'll create a black list of bad exocad resellers around the world and also a top list of best resellers who support the freedom of Exocad users and the free transfer !!!

It's not a problem for us , we are determined ....

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
A company with a open mind philosophy must allow their end users to look whats best for them and not for the reseller. Things are changing so fast their must be a way to come out of these PRISON . It can be for example limited if you buy at xyz the contract goes min 2 year after that you can change your reseller one times a year for 300 Dollar if you want additional change 700 or whatever. But lets say clear their must be a way to come out of this Prison Till !!!!!!! whenever a patient comes to us in the lab we say i would do it this or that way , but you pay the bill you must walk around with it so we do what you want. Till open our options as buyers versus users that your philosophy comes true.

And !!every !! EXOCAD user is welcome on the exocad user group here on DLN our normal job is help and information exchange but as more we are as more we can . And theirs a 3 shape group too we have the power to change things .

Last edited:
French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Third step !

After Germany, USA, I contacted several resellers who are listed on the Exocad website the Exocad partners worldwide (?) very different from exocad users partners ....

In Europa only one said yes to my request to transfer my license !
An Italian company that I thank for his help ! Thanks Elisa !

Captprov_H14222301.jpg

This representative tried to help me in this difficult process, she contacted Exocad Germany to request the transfer, Exocad (Dennis Bassenauer) contacted my French reseller who refused the transfer to Italy !!!

So now, after this sad experience I can confirm that we are not free with our Exocad license , It's like a ball and chain !

Tomorrow for the fourth step, I'll try to transfer my Exocad license to North Korea, that will not be more complex and difficult !!!

prison6.gif

Last edited: