Exocad, open system and hostage users .....

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
1613480_orig.jpg

Hello Glenn !

Nothing has changed , few months ago in Paris .... :)

150111_qt4pw_manifestation-paris_sn1250.jpg

We love the action and freedom ! Laugh

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I don't need support anymore...so I cannot comment on my current Exo reseller...good or bad...dunno... Just to highlight their promptness got a phonecall last week that the 5541 version is here to upgrade, said thanks but no thanks already using that for months...duuh...Stupid Sure if I'd need an license renewal they'd jump on the cash opportunity like they did when I bought the scanner...

BTW There's more support here than any reseller could provide :p:p:p

I don't use support either, except for some off the wall questions about work flow and possibilities.
You said your reseller just called you last week with the 5541 update that has been out for weeks if not months.
Those that are not as connected or versed in computers are getting the short end of the stick.

Your right about the forums. Support and ideas galore.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Frenchy name that dealer...let the public shaming begin...:p

There is only one french Exocad partner on the Exocad website , easy ....

The exocad resellers are dumb (?) they have a bad conscience (?) Where are you ? in the blacklist ?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I see so many EXOCAD resellers here on DLN what about your opinion or are you scared and hypnotized or have no opinion ?????

Is license change a must maybe after 2 years that its better for you to plan or with one year termination or must we be your slave forever ?????

dont be scared

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
There is only one french Exocad partner on the Exocad website , easy ....

The exocad resellers are dumb (?) they have a bad conscience (?) Where are you ? in the blacklist ?

Dear french cadman
as i read you have a lot of problem with your distributor. What s wrong ? You can t buy modules or updates ? The support is horrible ? Training was bad ? He Sends you update after few months and not when update is available ? I really don t understand your action against your distributor.

Exocad dongle been paid from distributor to exocad. The distributor sell dongle + support + training to customers.
If distributor stop to work with exocad or doesn t want to do the update to customer there is no problem you can contact exocad and exocad will transfer the licence to the exoportal of the distributor. Exoportal is the server access to do all modification inside the dongle for New update Or module.

Also mr french cad man what do you want more from your distributor. Let me know and like everytime Since 12 years ago I will do my Best.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
We want to change freely without justification !!!

If I don't want to work with you I must be able to change without your agreement !!!

As we requested to exocad ....

It's very simple !

Don't tell me about your experience of 12 years, exocad is 5 years old and I used it before you !

You use the work of others to advance yours and I do not like that !

You'll not gain anything by retaining your customers, just bad publicity !

Now you can tranfer my license in Italy and use your long experience to explain to my friends how to do to transfer their license !

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It is more about the freedom of choice than anything else. Why are end users married to reseller’s?

The end user has purchased the license/dongle and modules from the reseller. The reseller has recouped their investment and made a profit on it. At the very least, when the contract/agreement between the user and reseller has come to an end, it should be the user’s choice whether they want to continue with the current reseller or change to another.

Not all versions of exocad are equal. Some of the branded versions are limited. What if the end user outgrows the capability of the reseller’s version? What if they need more options? Digital technology is changing rapidly and it is important to be nimble and change your direction when necessary to remain competitive in the market.

WHO owns the license? The end user or the reseller???? Does the end user have to toss the dongle and purchase/invest in another license just to be tied to another reseller?

No one from exocad would like to give any insight on the situation?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The new trend is not only to sell whatever with at a one time profit...but to milk the buyer on the long run...

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Monsieur Cadman has a big pencil and he's not afraid to use it!

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Dear french cadman, you have not answer to my questions. Also :

as i read you have a lot of problem with your distributor. What s wrong ? You can t buy modules or updates ? The support is horrible ? Training was bad ? He Sends you update after few months and not when update is available ?

2thm8kr : the problem of french cad cam is not money. You need to know that french cad man has bought exocad and modules the same price than distributor have and it's the same for the update. Also it's not a problem of money. The problem is different.

Now your question is not against distributor but about the contract that have Exocad with distributors. If exocad was selling directly to dental lab there's no problem. But they sell to distributor and distributor sell to dental + support.

About the versions, you need to know that a lot of company use exocad software but a lot have a custom dongle. Also it's impossible for a user from ZZ for example to use the official exocad. Exocad create some customs version for "big distributor". Also it's impossible to change it like that.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Now your question is not against distributor but about the contract that have Exocad with distributors. If exocad was selling directly to dental lab there's no problem. But they sell to distributor and distributor sell to dental + support.

So who owns the license, the end user or the distributor?

About the versions, you need to know that a lot of company use exocad software but a lot have a custom dongle. Also it's impossible for a user from ZZ for example to use the official exocad. Exocad create some customs version for "big distributor". Also it's impossible to change it like that.

It is possible to change from branded to open. Maybe not ZZ version, but others.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Is it possible to sell that dongle here at DLN, and just buy a new dongle from another distributor in the USA?

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
The distributor pay to exocad. Exocad sell to distributors only. Distributor or end user can sell to dental Labs.

All open there is no problem. There is one month ago an england dental lab ask me to transfer the licence of his distributor to me for having support that he don t have because his distributor stop dental activity. He d sent a mail to me, i have transfer it to exocad and they change it because they know that this distributor had stopped dental market.
About french cadman there is no problem. We do support, modules, he receives the update maximum 10 days after we have received the link from exocad about thé official version. There s no problem also no change.

After the ask about change reseller for all licence you need to see that with exocad. But you have bought dongle from distributor not exocad also the owner (about exocad company) is distributor.

About 3 shape dental lab must pay to do the changement. With exocad nothing but you need to explain what is the problem Since many times and with différent dental Labs.

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Is it possible to sell that dongle here at DLN, and just buy a new dongle from another distributor in the USA?

I don t understand. You need to know that european distributor has différent version of exocad than us distributor. If you come from us your dongle can t work with an european dongle.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score

as i read you have a lot of problem with your distributor. What s wrong ? You can t buy modules or updates ? The support is horrible ? Training was bad ? He Sends you update after few months and not when update is available ?

2thm8kr : the problem of french cad cam is not money. You need to know that french cad man has bought exocad and modules the same price than distributor have and it's the same for the update. Also it's not a problem of money. The problem is different.

Their are exactly two versions outside ZZ and Exo but Exo different branded functions are still the same only different workkflow versus modules ZZ more only basic and cheaper more modules which are part of exo too. The branded versions are only limited for different reasons ( production , sales and so on )!!!!!

i want to be free it doesent matter why and maybe we make a inquiry at the European Parliament to free us end users we paid for not you .

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score

That's not the subject to know if you're blonde or if you have a twisted knees !

The thread (en français) : Exocad, système ouvert et utilisateurs otages , no more ! your french story interests nobody on DLN !

Can we transfer our license ? YES or NO ? Where can we do ?

Do you know your job exocad reseller ? Yes ? so you can answer !