emax Patent Expired

T

toothgirl

Reaction score
This is an old exchange I came upon, but I am curious with some time having past, what are your thoughts now? If you were a one man lab just getting into LD today, would you invest in e.max? Another manufacturer? I am looking to press only, with what I currently know anyway..

C

charles007

Reaction score
If your not emaxing, your not pressing...
Get the point :)
Seriously toothgirl, your losing a lot of business to not have emax now, its practically sells itself once a doctor sees/seats the first emax case...Between emax and my FCZ with my scanner, they killed off my pfms. :)
Wanta go to a happy funeral and watch me bury my casting machine, cameras are welcome.
Charles

C

charles007

Reaction score
The day another, better improved ! emax/lithium disilicate material hits the market, you will hear it first on DLN.........

Last edited:
K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
This is an old exchange I came upon, but I am curious with some time having past, what are your thoughts now? If you were a one man lab just getting into LD today, would you invest in e.max? Another manufacturer? I am looking to press only, with what I currently know anyway..

No question I would invest only in e.max right now.

Why?

Because its the only material with long time expierence, predictable results and a perfect marketing to the doctors.

In Europe ( specially Germany) nobody will buy ceramic from a competitor
(Glidewell) like it happens in USA.

How can a lab buy from a competitor. Lithium Disilcate is so special that I never would risk my lab name in buying ceramic without any long term expierence.

Stay with e.max. The only product with long time expierence, millions of teeth are made out of this material.
E.max is the only answer and price is not always an advantage. Don't pay learning money.

Let the other's try and in some years you can switch if it makes really sense.

user name

user name

Reaction score

If you were doing work for your own mouth, what else would you use...?
e.Max is the best thing in our industry.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I started making emax since its early introduction, I tell you there nothing better been invented so far. I stopped making pfm's and newer looked back. Seen zirconia and other materials,they nothing ,as a peace of stone,dead looking. :(

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
thanks mark, for mis-informing us all.. its ERIS NOT E'MAX.. will someone please take some rep points away from him.. :)

C

caleb4810

Reaction score
Lithium disilicate glass-ceramics

Patent 6802894

Inventors:
Brodkin; Dmitri (West Orange, NJ)
Panzera; Carlino (Belle Mead, NJ)
Panzera; Paul (Mt. Holly, NJ)

Assignee: Jeneric/Pentron Incorporated (Wallingford, CT)
Issued on October 12, 2004.

Estimated Expiration Date: June 25, 2022.

Not sure how you got to this estimated Expiration Date: I searched the above patent # and couldn't find that it was gonna be expired in 2022.