Sagemax... Or Something Like That

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
So! Here's something that's been on the back burner for a while that I want to ask you guys with experience about. We have an Ivoclar S1 sintering oven. For some background, our lab sell crowns at two price points: a higher price point for emax zircad crowns, and a lower price point for sagemax, usually posterior crowns. Up until now, we've had another milling center do our sagemax crowns. But lately, we're interested in doing all our own milling. The only problem is, we don't have sagemax yet. We're waiting on getting the exact right program for the oven, which looks pretty complicated. Even our Ivoclar guy doesn't seem sure how to do it.

So I guess my question is: has anyone done this themselves and have any advice? One option that was recommended to me was to look for an actual Ivoclar puck that's similar to Sagemax (which I understand is owned by Ivoclar, but they don't have programs for it in their ovens..) because the S1 comes pre-programmed with sintering cycles for pretty much all the different sorts of Ivoclar material.

What are your guys' thoughts? Thanks in advance! :D

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
We do have some prorams that have been validated for sagemax in the s1. I will get them to you in the morning, as they are on my work PC.

BTW, do you have an S1 or S1-1600? It does make a slight difference. I will post both though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
S1-1600, sorry, should have been more specific. And thank you! That would be great!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
switch to Katana

sagemax not as good as it used to be.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, and a degree of freedom better because you can buy good multilayer variants, and preshaded mono layer. sometimes that can come in very handy for speeding cases up, but often the tried and true technique of stain and sinter will produce the best result.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive used sagemax daily for 5 years now, its all I use. I dont know about it being better or worse than it used to be, seems to be pretty consistent. Obviously things are done differently now that brent is gone.. I still think you cant go wrong with the nexxzr+ however. Fire it at 1520-30. Mills better than anything else Ive used, the green zirconia is very dense and doesnt chip like others.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
S1-1600, sorry, should have been more specific. And thank you! That would be great!

No problem, I just like to know what people are using, so I can be more specific with the answer.

I am attaching the programs for the S1 and S1-1600 in the same file. You will notice that the Long programs only say they are good for the S1-1600, but for those that don't have the 1600, just drop the hi temp 10 degrees (1530C instead of 1540C) and it will work. I just fired a batch last night in the original S1 (all I've got at my facility) at 1530C and they came out fine.

One other point, the high temp on the long programs for the S1-1600 is variable. In the actual parameters it is listed for 1540-1580C. If your shades are a little dark, raise the temps 10C to get the desired results. If a little light, lower 10C.

I hope this helps!

Attachments

• Sagemax_Programat S1_S1 1600_Final 4.17.18.pdf
    202.6 KB · Views: 20
Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Patrick! If we end up going with Sagemax I'll let you know how this turns out.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Patrick, Does Sagemax have a multi layer puck ?

Top Bottom