Emax Multi ingot

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You would think that Doug, but it seems like its legit.... For now anyway..

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I have the Multi ingot firing program on my furnace but i can't see or change the parameters. I was told by my rep when they installed it that it would work just they are not revealing the firing parameters for awhile. I also saw a single central and it looked pretty good for just a stain and glaze. I wish hey had a posterior since those are the only emax i stain and glaze ever.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
We recently had a course with a chap from Ivoclar head office in Lichtenstein, he confirmed that the firing data for their press programs will be blanked out as they are protecting their technology, a fair argument i suppose. Havent tried the multi ingots yet but had a look at the technique, need to use a different base form etc and the sprueing is done on the side of the crown, I still think the regular ingot pressed and stained properly looks a gazillion times more lifelike than any full contour zirc (I cant believe how bad the FC Zirc looks, even the "new high trans" stuff) that I have seen so Im not sure that the multi ingot thing will be huge, a bit finnicky for a production lab?
Amen brother :) We sending ones a while to other places for full zir. crowns, they look terrible ,like piece of plastic,no secondary anatomy like a Chiclets.:D

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
I made some inquiries and Ivoclar does not expect to release the Multi e.max ingots until the 3rd or 4th qtr of this year. The process to manufacture and press the ingots is so delicate, the system is not up to a acceptable success rate for Ivoclar’s standards. The goal is to have the pressing of the Multi as successful as the regular e.max. I am sure the guys that are using EP5000 ovens as I am, that is very near if not 100% successful. I viewed photos of the central incisor some members have seen and the finished product looks pretty nice. Also viewed photos of the sprueing process and that looks a little tricky but doable in a 200 gram ring. :)

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Where are the photos of the central?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Look what I found on the sidewalk.........
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329339367.966061.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329339378.276015.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329339430.535594.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329339442.103044.jpg

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi,
Ivoclar must have some issues with the multi ingot. They were showing it at IDS Feb. 2011.its kind of funny, years ago Ivoclar would hold incredable events for new product introductions. Now they are showing us stuff that is more than a year out for release.
I saw it again last week. Look nice. Yes, they are blacking out the press cycle. We have been a very good customer of Ivoclars for decades and I can't believe they want to sell me something that I can't controll or manage the press cycle.
Here's my take, there are currently many companies selling presses and many of these competing presses are superior to anything Ivoclar manufactures. In addition, e.max probably consists of 80-90% of all pressings. I expect that shortly after product release all competing press manufacturers will be diligently working to figuring out the press cycle. I'm sure within a month or two the cycle will become public.
To all of you at Ivoclar that were in on the program black out decision, shame on you for closing us out to info we need to produce quality restorations. What are you thinking????
Bob Cohen
ADT
Stoneham, MA

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
To all of you at Ivoclar that were in on the program black out decision, shame on you for closing us out to info we need to produce quality restorations. What are you thinking????
Bob Cohen
ADT
Stoneham, MA

I back Ivoclar on this. They have patented the process on the Multi including the sprueing procedure. This is all about protecting a proprietary process Icvoclar took the time and expense to develop.
This is no different than the major drug companies developing a new medication then protecting their intellectual investment with a patent.
You would not be pressing anything if it had not been for Ivoclar developing the Empress system. They are a world leader in innovation and product development in the dental field. Why tip your hand on anything before you have a chance to cash in on your efforts?
I was in the trying to press emax camp to with non Ivoclar equipment. Had plenty of problems and spent allot of time and money. I purchased a EP5000 and have had a 100% success rate ever since. Congratulations to those of you who ironed out the problems and are pressing with other brand equipment.
Look at the quality of the emax pressing photos that one pressing oven manufacture is showing on this very forum. A picture speaks a thousand words.
This is one of the major reasons the firing parameters are kept secret. As a manufacture would you want that that quality of restoration representing your new product launch?
Just because it is possible slap a Mercedes hood ornament on a Dodge Neon , does that make it a Benz? The whole process of manufacturing and product development make a Mercedes a Mercedes Benz.

D

department19972

Reaction score
Please expand on the pressing furnaces that are better than what ivoclar is putting out. I'd like to know. Also, I hear that they pulled the multi from introduction. ANyone else hear this?

Hi,
Ivoclar must have some issues with the multi ingot. They were showing it at IDS Feb. 2011.its kind of funny, years ago Ivoclar would hold incredable events for new product introductions. Now they are showing us stuff that is more than a year out for release.
I saw it again last week. Look nice. Yes, they are blacking out the press cycle. We have been a very good customer of Ivoclars for decades and I can't believe they want to sell me something that I can't controll or manage the press cycle.
Here's my take, there are currently many companies selling presses and many of these competing presses are superior to anything Ivoclar manufactures. In addition, e.max probably consists of 80-90% of all pressings. I expect that shortly after product release all competing press manufacturers will be diligently working to figuring out the press cycle. I'm sure within a month or two the cycle will become public.
Bob Cohen
ADT
Stoneham, MA

C

charles007

Reaction score
I bought the ep5000 so I wouldn't have problems.. That was a very lucky call on my part going on 40 months ago and still wondering if its possible to see a bad press with the 5000... :p

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Tear an EP 5000 apart and you will see multiple sensors all through the pressing mechanism etc. not just air driven with time and temp like other, expensive!, furnaces;)

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
I back Ivoclar on this. They have patented the process on the Multi including the sprueing procedure. This is all about protecting a proprietary process Icvoclar took the time and expense to develop.
This is no different than the major drug companies developing a new medication then protecting their intellectual investment with a patent.
You would not be pressing anything if it had not been for Ivoclar developing the Empress system. They are a world leader in innovation and product development in the dental field. Why tip your hand on anything before you have a chance to cash in on your efforts?
I was in the trying to press emax camp to with non Ivoclar equipment. Had plenty of problems and spent allot of time and money. I purchased a EP5000 and have had a 100% success rate ever since. Congratulations to those of you who ironed out the problems and are pressing with other brand equipment.
Look at the quality of the emax pressing photos that one pressing oven manufacture is showing on this very forum. A picture speaks a thousand words.
This is one of the major reasons the firing parameters are kept secret. As a manufacture would you want that that quality of restoration representing your new product launch?
Just because it is possible slap a Mercedes hood ornament on a Dodge Neon , does that make it a Benz? The whole process of manufacturing and product development make a Mercedes a Mercedes Benz.
Ivoclar also jerked us labs around with poor materials which they didnt research enough e.g. Ivoclar Classic porcelain and Targis/Vectris not to mention Chromoscope!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Ivoclar also jerked us labs around with poor materials which they didnt research enough e.g. Ivoclar Classic porcelain and Targis/Vectris not to mention Chromoscope!

I am with you on the Targis/V But not the Classic man, how can you say that? its almost Blasphemous Lol, I loved that stuff and still wish I could buy it now. Way better than the new stuff they sell. RIP Classic you are sadly missed.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I didn't see the multi ingot introduced in Chicago like I thought it would...but I did miss the first 30min of Jurgen Seger, and I'm not sure if he squeezed it in there.

I did see the introduction of e.Max pressed custom abutments. Very economical and esthetic way to make a custom abutment, but it has it's indication limitations.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Alistar, you didn't miss any multi at the first of Jergen, just went over the diff ingots and how to use. I don't think anyone covered it at all. The only other lecture I saw was Matt Roberts, my boss saw the stuff in between and didn't mention anything. Kind of weird that there was no mention!

doug

doug

Reaction score
Ivoclar has said that the release of the multi-ingot has been held-up. There are issues with the proper spruing and placement in the ring. That's the word I got from the Ivoclar guys at the Sheraton last Thursday evening. I'm not too worried, we've been getting really nice results with what we're doing now...as is everyone, it seems.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
I am with you on the Targis/V But not the Classic man, how can you say that? its almost Blasphemous Lol, I loved that stuff and still wish I could buy it now. Way better than the new stuff they sell. RIP Classic you are sadly missed.
Sorry but the original classic @ 1990 was a poor ceramic shade reproduction for some of the shades was terrible. Classic v was great though! I should say I use dSign and emax so I'm not having a go at ivoclar our business is littered with failed equipment and materials that weren't researched and tested properly!