Emax Multi ingot

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Found out something interesting the other day. If you want the correct program to press the new multi ingot you have to have the EP 3000 or EP 5000. I guess you figure that you will just copy the program off one of your buddies furnaces and input into your zubler etc.......????? Nope.... The screen will go BLACK! During pressing etc. no way to see the pressing parameters..,,

Just what I heard from a pretty good source.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can it be milled?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Can it be milled?

I saw some e.max multi blocks when I was at Ivoclar
a few months ago. Said they were waiting for Chicago
to release them.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Yeah i posted about this earlier last year.

Its not that you NEED the ep3000,5000. But you need a press that has a crack detection/pressure sensor, because the ingots press horizontally.

"The screen will go BLACK! During pressing etc. no way to see the pressing parameters..,," IS that official, sounds a bit extreme. Even then im sure it wont be that hard to work the peramaters out without knowing em.

Maybe you will be able to get away without it, and that it will just be a bit hit and miss, we will see.

thankfully i have an ep3000 so one thing less to worry about for a change.

The emax cad blocks are comming but not initially.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Paul, it came from a rep so I assume it's official. Things may change but as for now that program is top secret lol.

keithw@vodamail.co.za

[email protected]

Reaction score
We recently had a course with a chap from Ivoclar head office in Lichtenstein, he confirmed that the firing data for their press programs will be blanked out as they are protecting their technology, a fair argument i suppose. Havent tried the multi ingots yet but had a look at the technique, need to use a different base form etc and the sprueing is done on the side of the crown, I still think the regular ingot pressed and stained properly looks a gazillion times more lifelike than any full contour zirc (I cant believe how bad the FC Zirc looks, even the "new high trans" stuff) that I have seen so Im not sure that the multi ingot thing will be huge, a bit finnicky for a production lab?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I heard about spruing to the interproximal. that's a pain in the butt to me. Having to re spot down that lithium disilicate and at that large of an amount. No thanks.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
" it came from a rep so I assume it's official"

Ah ok it must be true then ;)

All that comes out the mouths of most of the reps i meet is BS.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
My rep, i believe it is the same as yours Nicely, came in a couple weeks ago after a seminar about the new multi ingots. He said that he was impressed with the results on full countour posteriors. He said you can get more transluceny in the incisal so they aren't as mono-chromatic as the HT or LT full countour pressings. I am waiting to see how large the sprue is to see if this is gonna work. If the sprue is narrow then you could put in on the lingual-distal corner so you don't screw up your contacts.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
the sprue runs pretty much the entire length of the contact, there pretty large. The way it works, the ingot is multi layered so the sprue needs to run the length of the crown so that the transition of layers are distributed where they need to be, from cervical to mid to incisal.

If you had a sprue just going to one corner, youd have no control where the layers ended in the crown.

Dosent really bother me.

From what ive seen, these will be a massive time saver for mainstream anterior production work. End of ceramic layering for stock vita shades.

Even for high quality smile makeover stuff these look promising.

Last edited:
K

Kaypan

Reaction score
When was the multi press ingots initially supposed to be released for sales? Thought I heard they were supposed to be released some time ago..?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Heard 3rd quarter

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
middle of last was originally muted, but its always been a case of when there ready, which is great.

No more premature product releases thanks Ivoclar. Lost enough money over the years from buying untested products.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Paul, what I meant to describe is the sprue running the vertical length of that contact. i haven't seen exactly how these work yet, so I may be off base.

K

Kaypan

Reaction score
Okey, think I heard last year that it was supposed to be launched in 2011. Maybe I remember wrong... Anyways, wonder how the trans material will act together with the more opaque dentin material, when it comes to firing cycles. Many have problem with HT ingots cracking when thin/thick areas heats and cool down. On the other hand, LT ingots are close to problem free. If the materials are anything alike, I can see some issues there.. Any thoughts?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We have had zero problems with the e.max cracking since we started paying special attention to those thick/thin areas.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Rarely have cracking here either. I fill mine up with wonder peg and stain/ glaze.

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
From what I heard today, the multi ingot will not be available at Chicago. :confused:

doug

doug

Reaction score
If I spent the money to buy an EP 5000 why would they "blackout" the screen during the press cycle. I am not trying to pirate the program parameters for anyone else. Seems like a great urban legend to me.