Duracetal injection

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
Ok sorry I was out fertilizing the lawn. A couple of things

1. wax to about 1mm thick

2. You machine is way off and I am not sure what to do with that but do not hold any longer then 20 min. and adjust the temp. from there.

3. Your sprueing is all wrong. You need to attach to the occlusion with 6 sprues at about 10 guage thick. Attach 1 to the molar area another in the premoler area and then the third to the canine area. Then take a 8 guage thick rope wax lay that on the tips of each of the three on both sides making two bars connecting each side. Then invest into the flask sinking the modle all the way into the stone so the only thing you see is the two 8 guage bars. Then attach sprues from the opening in the flask to the bars they should be about 4 mm thick.

4. Pre heat the flask to about 100C

So in closing until you figure out what's going on with that machine you are going to be chasing your tail. Hope this helps.

A

Allan

Reaction score
Looking at the photos I posted, the problem is only preheating?

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
Ok ... but Victor tells me .... that has to do with waxing?

I agree!

BUT are you pre-heating your flask/model before injecting?

You need to look closely at what Kris S is saying afterall he is the co-inventor of this product. The rest of us are only guessing :0

Last edited:
K

Kris S.

Reaction score
If you get incomplete injections it is simple its either heat, pressure or restriction of flow. I think your problems involve restriction of flow (waxing to thin) and heat (not sure what your machine is doing)

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I agree!

BUT are you pre-heating your flask/model before injecting?

You need to look closely at what Kris S is saying afterall he is the co-inventor of this product. The rest of us are only guessing :0

Yes, listen to Kris S. I've seen his webinars and they are great. He knows his stuff on this. BTW the sprues were my 3rd guess :)

A

Allan

Reaction score
If you get incomplete injections it is simple its either heat, pressure or restriction of flow. I think your problems involve restriction of flow (waxing to thin) and heat (not sure what your machine is doing)

Kris I agree, this seems restricted set of flow!

Waxing fine!

But I am very grateful to all of you!!

Thanks anyway, I speak of Brazil, and this here is a novelty!!

Thank you Kris!

A

Allan

Reaction score
Ok sorry I was out fertilizing the lawn. A couple of things

1. wax to about 1mm thick

2. You machine is way off and I am not sure what to do with that but do not hold any longer then 20 min. and adjust the temp. from there.

3. Your sprueing is all wrong. You need to attach to the occlusion with 6 sprues at about 10 guage thick. Attach 1 to the molar area another in the premoler area and then the third to the canine area. Then take a 8 guage thick rope wax lay that on the tips of each of the three on both sides making two bars connecting each side. Then invest into the flask sinking the modle all the way into the stone so the only thing you see is the two 8 guage bars. Then attach sprues from the opening in the flask to the bars they should be about 4 mm thick.

4. Pre heat the flask to about 100C

So in closing until you figure out what's going on with that machine you are going to be chasing your tail. Hope this helps.

Kris, last request, you have photos of these procedures, a wizard?

TKZ

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score

Thanks Kris, the rest of us were only guessing :confused:

A

Allan

Reaction score
"Then invest into the flask sinking the modle all the way into the stone so the only thing you see is the two 8 guage bars"

And the separator? how the piece will come out clean

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
You need to paint the model with myerson thermoplastic separator befor you start waxing the case. The rest will come out very clean with no separator if you machine is at an proper temperature. By the way are you using universal expansion stone for your processing model.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
hi Allan,, I been injecting acetal resin for the past 10 years and have made thousands of bilateral partials and other stuff.

I see a strange way to sprue on your pictures,,,looks like a "metal casting" way to sprue.
might be the way your flasks are , never seen this before.

I use quattro injection machines, looks like your problem is melting temperture maybe but more important ,,flask temperture.

I use duracetal resin. insert cartridge from cero to 190 c and hold for 20 minuts, flask goes in also at cero. inject at 90 psi-. the quattro machine has the furnace intergated so
ita more convenient and always get excelent results. I do not use wax spues, I flask the
appliance then boil out , after that I grind the sprue channels with a big bur. that way all are identical in thiknes ,,but VERY important is that you do not hit the appliance at full thiknes! alway end at a pencil tip shape.

try to heat your flask before injecting, .hot!

oh..on the investing i sink the wax pattern half way, leaving exposed, boilout and make sure you dont have any pieces of stone in there and remove sharp corners that might break when closing before you close the flask.

Last edited:
A

Allan

Reaction score
Kris, I saw today a prosthesis snap on smile on my face, I realized that there characterizations in incisal, tells me one thing, these characterizations is made in wax or finishing drills?

Another doubt, the brightness of the prosthesis is awesome! They use megaseal polishing glaze? I do not see another product bilhando to stay that way, it seems megaseal!

A

Allan

Reaction score
420002_127655654028485_100003521528028_102461_71107563_n.jpg

A

Allan

Reaction score
The teeth are coming out dirty, must pass tab in the wax before investing in the balloon?
I'm already spending tab in the model before investing in the balloon!

And in college, must pass tab in the wax before investing