Models for direct injection techniques

H

hibalk

Reaction score
Hello,
I need some help to make 2 models to realise a transparent index over them to place composite using the direct injection technique.
The first model with waxup on all the teeth to be restored (ie: 13 12 11 21 22 23) and the second with waxup on every other tooth (ie: 13 11 22) combined with the preop model (in case the teeth were modified to get esthetic restorations).
I tried with exocad but I couldn’t figured it out ; I’m not sure if is it feasible or not with Exocad or 3shape. how you deal with such cases?
Thx

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
use the Mockup worktype, and when making models select waxup model in the list. this will let you connect Mockup to model so that you can make putty matrix or suckdown matrix.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
use the Mockup worktype, and when making models select waxup model in the list. this will let you connect Mockup to model so that you can make putty matrix or suckdown matrix.
you just wanted to say suckdown

H

hibalk

Reaction score
thanx for your help;
I've tried the waxup model but it didn't give me what I'm looking for; let me explain by uploading some screenshots:
WaxUp-Model-1.png
PreOp-Model-Restoration-11-22.png

I want to print 2 models: One with the 4 restorations (easy the one generated with the waxup model) and another one with only the restoration on tooth 11 and 22 with the preOp model but with the tooth receiving the restoration (11 and 22) modified in a way not to emerge over the restoration); in other word is it possible to modify the preOp scan?

H

hcet

Reaction score
Hi @hibalk
Have you found a way to do this? I will share how I do it, it might not be the best workflow, but it works for me using 3shape.

I would design the wax up as per usual and proceed to model. (first printed model, easy)
For the 2nd alternating wax up model, I would do a standard copy of the designed file- Open and go through the steps and just "hide" every other tooth on design stage and then proceed to model builder as per usual.
Please let me know how you managed to deal with your case. I may learn something new as well. Thank you!