Duracetal

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
Hello,
we are thinking on milling our partials with Duracetal, my boss was asking me if the acrylic on it can be done conventionally or only injection?
I thought I'll ask here before, if someone has an idea!

Thank you :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You can do it conventionally, its not much different than a metal partial, as long as you have retention holes to lock the acrylic in. I just made a duracetal flipper for my brother in law and he loves it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we make a bunch of these every month. most are injected because that is our workflow, but there are a handful that have teeth added conventionally
acetal RPDs are becoming more and more popular over here, and they turn out great!

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
we make a bunch of these every month. most are injected because that is our workflow, but there are a handful that have teeth added conventionally
acetal RPDs are becoming more and more popular over here, and they turn out great!
Hello,
do you use wet milling or dry is fine?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello,
do you use wet milling or dry is fine?
previously we were dry milling them (and still can)
but we added a wet mill to the lineup and have been cutting them wet. its easier/better IMHO

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
previously we were dry milling them (and still can)
but we added a wet mill to the lineup and have been cutting them wet. its easier/better IMHO
Last questionnnnnn, in the CAM software you use, do you have a specific strategy to mill these or you use the same as Pmma or something?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Last questionnnnnn, in the CAM software you use, do you have a specific strategy to mill these or you use the same as Pmma or something?
PMMA settings/tooling works well for us.
when we nest them, we nest as RPDs