Duracetal injecting short?

kyleyounggun

kyleyounggun

Reaction score
I have been working with duracetal and visiclear and it has always worked great. However, duracetal didn't even inject. Just got a lovely sprue. I'm usuing my TCS machine when the lead technician of myerson told me all products would work in TCS machine. So at 210 C for 20 minutes is not enough?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Check Your calibration Duracetal should only be 200*C @ 20 min with a 5 min hold. Don't release it right away. Kris S is the lead technician at Myerson he is on this forum. Don't feel bad I had a Visiclear short last week I resprued & check my calibration and it ran just fine the second time, I just hate retries.

kyleyounggun

kyleyounggun

Reaction score
Its just a big pain when I have to wait 20 minutes and production for retries. I'm going to give it another shot.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I have been working with duracetal and visiclear and it has always worked great. However, duracetal didn't even inject. Just got a lovely sprue. I'm usuing my TCS machine when the lead technician of myerson told me all products would work in TCS machine. So at 210 C for 20 minutes is not enough?

Thats when I say "When it decided to go bad, it went good" :p Just be thankful all you had was a sprue and try again. Also as AJ said check your calibration and the time on it is 200 C for 20min.

kyleyounggun

kyleyounggun

Reaction score
Okay I checked everything and I met all standards I think I even went to 150 PSI too. 210C for 20 minutes. Do I need to preheat the flask? Look at the picture. My father said he worked with the old thermo flex and he said its almost the same stuff. He's telling me 200 degress for 20 minutes is not right.

http://puu.sh/18vTA

Last edited:
X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
The image below is a very poor paint job of how I typically sprue. Also preheat your flask to 100 C. I usually throw my flask in a toaster oven shortly after putting the cartridge in the machine. I have found alot of small sprues to be better then a couple big ones.

ai1270.photobucket.com_albums_jj609_HardinDentalLab_DuracetalSprue_zpsfb5ab56c.jpg
ai1270.photobucket.com_albums_jj609_HardinDentalLab_DuracetalSprue_zpsfb5ab56c.jpg

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
That image looks like a cold flask & did you score the top of the tube? I would probabily use some more branches on the sprue. Nice clean flask though. The higher pressure can cause bounce back which isn't good either (short clasp tips)
I invest, boil out apply the separator, I have a piece of steel or another flask on the machine as it does the calibration pre heat, I have the flask in my drying oven @ 75*-95*c, (Vita Teeth use lower preheat) my Myerson machine beeps when the furnace is ready to melt the tube for 20 min, I check with a Non-Contact Laser Directed Infrared Thermometer and put my scored lubed tube in and the really warm flask in the clamp. The flask will hold the heat and the heat from the melt will go up into the flask as well. The Flexipress automatically shoots the cartridge and holds it for 5 min @ 5 atmospheres. I'm just a nervous norvus, and when I find something that works I stick with it,right down to having lists of what I do when. So if I have a problem I can look at the list and see if I shorted or skipped thru something.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kris S.

Reaction score
If you get a short injection most of the time its heat or pressure. The machine you are using isn't the most accurate piece of equipment. If your flask was about 150 to 175F at the time of injection thats fine so you need to set the temp higher. I have had those machine off as much as 60F from there read out so don't be worried about moving the top temp around. I would bring your top temp up 10 to 15 more.