Direct to consumer mouthguards/sportsguards

B

Blindsided77

Reaction score
hey guys,

I was wondering how the direct to consumer sportsguard businesses work legally. There are multiple companies that allow consumers to basically get sportsguards without seeing a doctor. The company sends an impression packet via mail to the consumer and they take the impression themselves. They then send the impression back to have the guard made.

How are they able to do this without a dentist involved?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They are taking their own impressions.
I'm developing a diy endo kit.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You need a license to do it to somebody else, but not yourself.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
One of the problems doing this is the awful impressions you get back. Long standing dentists struggle to take decent imps, imagine how bad they are from members of the public. I have experience of this and yes you can get some good imps but the majority are not suitable. The cost of re sending impression kits because the first, second, third where no good needs to be factored in to your costings if you are going to do this. Making a good, detailed and simple youtube video of how to mix the putty, put it in the tray and take the impression will save you a lot of time and headache.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
get one of those licenses that allows you to work directly on a patient - i think they call them hygienist.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
In my woods even Hygenists need a state licensed dds/dmd/etc in the building. Like Pharmacy tech vs Pharmacist.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Or run a lab without a license.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Or run a lab without a license.
It depends on where you're located whether you need a business license or not. In our city we don't need a license for the manufacturing portion of the lab,
only for repairs do we need a license. It's weird I know, but we're not going to complain because it saves us a lot of money!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Pot won't kill you, and it isn't adictive.
Smoking it does still cause emphezymatic lung damage

Addiction is psycological vs dependancy is not.

Agree to disagree lest we derail the board?

Edit: for the record, and to further muddy the waters, I am actually an advocate for less insane pot laws. CBD would help my wife so much.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Smoking it does still cause emphezymatic lung damage

Addiction is psycological vs dependancy is not.

Agree to disagree lest we derail the board?

Edit: for the record, and to further muddy the waters, I am actually an advocate for less insane pot laws. CBD would help my wife so much.
I live in OR. The water's fine.
You do know that locales that have legal Pot are getting the opioide crisis into less lethal territory?
Medical cannibis keeps a lot of pain patients off opioide.

But we can agree to disagree.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Medical cannibis keeps a lot of pain patients off opioide.

But we can agree to disagree.
Which is why I so much would like VA to make CBD extracts or low THC high CBD strains legally possible even as a prescription.

I have had too many of these conversations turn into fights as some family thinks I want to give joints to 5 year olds for treating epilepsy. Instead of listening to words like extract, oil, non-psychoactive they react with emotions. No intention to shut you down if you want to discuss it. Just would rather do so in private.

What is the legal age for use there?

Top Bottom