Creating Natural Dentures TechBook

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I have a hard copy of that book. Basically its all about Swissedent Candulour...and their protocols treatments and setup philosophy. Don't bother with the Dentsply setup manual....best advise on setups from an instructor who is now retired....setup lower teeth directly on ridge, and then point the six anteriors towards the labial vestibule looking from the top of the articulated models. Works for any class of setup...especially class II's

troutsnoggle

troutsnoggle

Reaction score
It's worth it if you are wanting to train someone without experience. It goes over all the steps with natural setting of the teeth. A special bite block protocol, how to use tools for measurements, like an alameter. How to mark outlines, etc on the models. Set teeth wax and finish. nothing on processing. A bit on occlusion, smile line, aesthetic compositions, mainly different ways to set teeth by rotating teeth

Attachments

• 1471424189101-2068003198.jpg
    1471424189101-2068003198.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 46
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Im very solid on processing.
change test site @JKraver - **** them...that's stupid. I want to see those testing guys make a ****ing denture that is passable to my accounts.
Two test sites same lead guy FML he laughed and said I hope you don't have to see me a third time.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Im very solid on processing.

Two test sites same lead guy FML he laughed and said I hope you don't have to see me a third time.
What specifically didn't they like?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ill try to post my grade sheet, and photos of my wax up I kept it the same.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Ill try to post my grade sheet, and photos of my wax up I kept it the same.
I'd love to see it. I was slinging wax up to the deadline on my practical; wasn't my best by far and yet I passed.
I'm trying to figure out if they stuck you with a picky judge.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I generally rough in a wax up then the next day finish it with fresh eyes I have all the time I need.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I generally rough in a wax up then the next day finish it with fresh eyes I have all the time I need.
The time constraints of the exam tend to push, and complete dentures has high failure rates because of it; we have a lot of tasks.
Where I work now I push out an arch an hour or more, set up and wax.
Every now and then one eats my lunch and takes my milk money, but on the whole l've gotten systematic about my waxing.

troutsnoggle

troutsnoggle

Reaction score
10 minute wax up = flow wax above teeth and in embrasures the heat a baseplate sheet and lay in 1 layer for the gingival-cut it off at tip of enbrasures. Push the wax into the necks with your fingers while its warm. Sloppy is okay. Chill the wax in water. Then with a wide lathe brush wheel, lightly remove the wax off the teeth brushing towards the incisal and lightly shape the embrasures -festoon etc. Then chill tge wax and clean the necks. Just lay a sheet of wax on an old denture and try it. It's a very fast technique with awesome results once you get the hang of it.

B

bill m

Reaction score
You should post pictures, waxing up really shouldn't be a problem. I have been in the business for 38 years and about 5 years ago a very good tech showed me how when he carves the wax he goes towards the teeth instead of away . It is much easier. There are many ways to do things in this field and you can always learn something new. I believe it is much better to make your wax up simple and easy for the pt. to keep clean but what they want for the test may not what is done in real life.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You should post pictures, waxing up really shouldn't be a problem. I have been in the business for 38 years and about 5 years ago a very good tech showed me how when he carves the wax he goes towards the teeth instead of away . It is much easier. There are many ways to do things in this field and you can always learn something new. I believe it is much better to make your wax up simple and easy for the pt. to keep clean but what they want for the test may not what is done in real life.
Could you post technique or email me?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I don't have access to a camera on this computer and taptalk is spotty in my office. I can email you pictures and a video of the denture PM me your email.