"cold cast" e.max??? help!

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Just had same problem here with pro press 100 - lowered my press time to 2 minutes, 4.5 bars or so, and let the ring sit in oven for at least an hour (100g) and longer for 200g - But im using formula 1. Never had a problem pressing since, except once in awhile ill get little pits on the surface of the crown. Anyone know whats causing that?

PS - Do a test ring until you get the parameters right, instead of using new ingots use old ones, you'll just have to grind them a bit to get the right diameter.

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Pits maybe for many reasons- high temperature, leak of vacuum during pressing or during investing.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Just had same problem here with pro press 100 - lowered my press time to 2 minutes, 4.5 bars or so, and let the ring sit in oven for at least an hour (100g) and longer for 200g - But im using formula 1. Never had a problem pressing since, except once in awhile ill get little pits on the surface of the crown. Anyone know whats causing that?

PS - Do a test ring until you get the parameters right, instead of using new ingots use old ones, you'll just have to grind them a bit to get the right diameter.

Are you using debubblizer?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Well I give up...for now. I'm sending it the lab next door to press it so i can stack and have it out by tomorrow. Thank you all for your help! You guys are awesome!

I was using the parameters suggested by TheLabGuy. Pressure is at 4.25 bars. I just dont understand what's going on? I've talked to other labs here and they all said I was screwed since I was using Whipmix Pro Press 100 and to go get a "real" pressing oven.

I wouldn't give up, sure, maybe for this case but I'd keep at it because I press almost everyday, multiple units with mine and I don't have any issues at all. Heck, I don't even use invex liquid because my reaction layer is hardly anything. Trust me, I'm not that bright either, just ask some of the folks around here.....if I can figure it out you can too.

J

jorgedentech

Reaction score
I HAD THAT NIGHTMARE TOO, THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU BUT I SOLVE IT..HERE'S WHAT I DID. CALIBRATE THE OVEN PRO-PRESS 100 HAS 3 DIFERENT CALIBRATIONS FOR LOW FUSING PORCELAIN HIGH FUSING AND PRESSING CHOICE PRESS IT'LL ASK YOU IF OVER FIRE OR UNDER FIRE CHOICE CHOICE UNDER & RISE THE TEMP TO 45* SO CHANGE THE PARAMETERS FOR E.MAX 200G. BASE T-700 RATE 60 FINAL TEMP 915 HOLD 15 MIN PRESS TIME 4 MINUTES FOR 100G. FINAL TEMP 905 HOLD 15 MIN PRESS TIME 2 MINUTES TRY IT MIGHT HELP YOU LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I HAD THAT NIGHTMARE TOO, THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU BUT I SOLVE IT..HERE'S WHAT I DID. CALIBRATE THE OVEN PRO-PRESS 100 HAS 3 DIFERENT CALIBRATIONS FOR LOW FUSING PORCELAIN HIGH FUSING AND PRESSING CHOICE PRESS IT'LL ASK YOU IF OVER FIRE OR UNDER FIRE CHOICE CHOICE UNDER & RISE THE TEMP TO 45* SO CHANGE THE PARAMETERS FOR E.MAX 200G. BASE T-700 RATE 60 FINAL TEMP 915 HOLD 15 MIN PRESS TIME 4 MINUTES FOR 100G. FINAL TEMP 905 HOLD 15 MIN PRESS TIME 2 MINUTES TRY IT MIGHT HELP YOU LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU.

Right on point.

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
I know this will sound stupid but what is your finale temp for burnout and how far are you walking from the burnout to pressing. Im thinking cold ring here or porcelain furnace not calibrated correctly.
The one who mentioned calibrting press temp. tell me more
Rick

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Something else to concider.are you pressing from a cold pressing oven or are you using the burn in cycle to get your oven up and running?

J

jorgedentech

Reaction score
burn out final temp is 1550 f* for 45 min so the oven should be on stand by temp of 500c* for at least one hour if you put more ring int burn out oven add 10 min. for each ring.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I think whats meant as a burn cycle is to at least run some sort of program on the pressing oven prior to pressing. At the beginning of the day I always run my oxidation program with an empty furnace just to get the muffle up and running. I never fire or press anything with a furnace straight from the night program.

S

SandRLab

Reaction score
pricing for eMax pressable crown

Hey, we're outsourcing to Dale Dental an eMax case for the first time. What is everybody charging, we're in central KY. We're considering getting this system but it seems complicated. Just learned today that we have to buy shading paste to shade the case, plus stain. Would welcome comments from anybody that has been using the system and just started using it. Would you recommend buying the eMax furnace or go with a cheaper one. Thanks!!!

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Hey, we're outsourcing to Dale Dental an eMax case for the first time. What is everybody charging, we're in central KY. We're considering getting this system but it seems complicated. Just learned today that we have to buy shading paste to shade the case, plus stain. Would welcome comments from anybody that has been using the system and just started using it. Would you recommend buying the eMax furnace or go with a cheaper one. Thanks!!!

I wouldnt call it complicated - Just another system to learn is all. If i had the money readily available and a do over I would buy an ivoclar press oven. They have all the programs pre set and ready to go. You can get away a little cheaper with another oven but may need to do some troubleshooting before you get it right. My pro press 100 is doing great but it cost me some ingots, I also switched from formula 1 investment (whip mix) for my pressables to ivoclar's press vest speed investment. Emax is my biggest seller, especially posterior - wax, press, glaze = beautiful.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
@ desertfox384

I'm sure the ingots cost you way less than the extra thousands on an Ivoclar oven, and there's nothing wrong with that.

user name

user name

Reaction score
burn out final temp is 1550 f* for 45 min so the oven should be on stand by temp of 500c* for at least one hour if you put more ring int burn out oven add 10 min. for each ring.

Thats not hot enough. Its only 12 degrees below whats recommended, but its a factor. might as well do it right...also calibrate your burnout oven.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
@ desertfox384

I'm sure the ingots cost you way less than the extra thousands on an Ivoclar oven, and there's nothing wrong with that.

True that, but using ivoclars products may make less/easier troubleshooting in the long run. I had a cold pressing tonight.. cost yet another ingot - Had 2 since I switched to ivoclars speed investment.. so actually ivoclar just cost me 2 ingots lol.. I raised temp 10 and press time a minute and re-pressed fine and dandy with much less reaction layer than formula 1.

jSon

jSon

Reaction score
rate should be 108
Final temp should only be 942 and press time 12 mins.....change those three things and you can name you first born after me because you'll be good to go by Wednesday :)
May I ask for ur parameters TheLabGuy. I have a propress 100 w/ a version 2.0. I had tried the manufactures temp but got a partial press of just the sprue. [email protected] thanks

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Thats not hot enough. Its only 12 degrees below whats recommended, but its a factor. might as well do it right...also calibrate your burnout oven.
May I ask for ur parameters TheLabGuy. I have a propress 100 w/ a version 2.0. I had tried the manufactures temp but got a partial press of just the sprue. [email protected] thanks
Calibration is not correct. Get a procal and calibrate often. Emax is touchy to temp anr time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom