Dialing in pressing oven.

larsondental

larsondental

Reaction score
I am using the same oven. 700c Entry 60c climb 925 high 18min hold 10 min Press at 5.5 bars with a phamtom sprue no problem!!

J

John C

Reaction score
I am using the same oven. 700c Entry 60c climb 925 high 18min hold 10 min Press at 5.5 bars with a phamtom sprue no problem!!
I will keep that in mind. So far anything that I have tried pressing below 934 high temp has yielded an incomplete press. Yesterday I pressed at 700 entry, 934 high ,17 minute hold, 6 minute press time and got a complete press, although slight pitting on occlusal surface. Very close to good results but not quite perfect. The day before I pressed at 700 entry, 934 high, 15 minute hold and 5 minute press time but came out incomplete. It was missing an area about 2.5 mm by 4mm wide. I'm going to do another test at same temp and lower the hold time by about 30 seconds or maybe one minute and see how it comes out.

J

John C

Reaction score
I've been having mixed results with pressing in this oven. Just tested vacuum and was only pulling 25 1/2 inches of mercury. I haven't pressed again but am hopeful that was causing the bubbles in my pressing. Just switched vacuum pumps and now will be pulling 29+inches. It's just weird because some pressings have been good and some not. I was thinking I was boiling the material but now after discovering low vacuum I'm not sure.