"cold cast" e.max??? help!

Thuanta

Thuanta

Reaction score
I'm trying to press E.Max for the first time and it looks like a cold cast. I'm using Whipmix Pro Press 100. I'm using a 200g ring. Burning it out for at least 45 minutes.

The settings on the furnace is:

Initial Temp is 700
Rate 60
Final Temp is 950
Hold Time is 25 minutes
Press Time is 7 minutes.

Please help? 6 units due by wednesday...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
rate should be 108
Final temp should only be 942 and press time 12 mins.....change those three things and you can name you first born after me because you'll be good to go by Wednesday :)

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I'm trying to press E.Max for the first time and it looks like a cold cast. I'm using Whipmix Pro Press 100. I'm using a 200g ring. Burning it out for at least 45 minutes.

Initial Temp is 700
Rate 60
Final Temp is 950
Hold Time is 25 minutes
Press Time is 7 minutes.

Pressing time should be longer for 200g rings. I never used Wipmix Pro. Using Programat EP5000.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score

Initial Temp is 700
Rate 60
Final Temp is 950
Hold Time is 25 minutes
Press Time is 7 minutes.

i would burn out for 60 minutes. 45 minutes is too short for a 200 gram ring.

Thuanta

Thuanta

Reaction score
Thanx guys will try and will let y'all know how it comes out in a couple hours. :)

Thuanta

Thuanta

Reaction score
Ok...what would the settings be if i did a 100g ring?

Thuanta

Thuanta

Reaction score
No :( It pressed but the whole investment cracked in two...i can see the the copings i waxed but it looks like someone took a sand blaster to it and made rough surfaces and voids in the copings.

What could I be doing wrong?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
No :( It pressed but the whole investment cracked in two...i can see the the copings i waxed but it looks like someone took a sand blaster to it and made rough surfaces and voids in the copings.

What could I be doing wrong?

Check your air pressure, make sure its set correctly for the press furnace.

Temp might be set too This might be keeping the material too hot for too long. Boiling?

Check your Vacum, make sure its working properly.

Make sure the wax is at least recommended thickness for pressing.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What type of investment are you using? E.max is finicky about what type of investment is being pressed into it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
rate should be 108
Final temp should only be 942 and press time 12 mins.....change those three things and you can name you first born after me because you'll be good to go by Wednesday :)

Labguy is a funny name for a kid anyway:D

Thuanta

Thuanta

Reaction score
Checked the pressure, called ivoclar and whipmix, everything seems to be ok. calibrated the oven...yea the coping looked like they were boiled. so lower the final temp?

Also using microstar.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I don't know about microstar, If my memory serves me, some folks on here have used it. PM me your email and I'll send you my 100g settings, but I have to say, I do 200 with those same settings I gave you without any issues and the only difference is that I'm using Formula 1.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Labguy is a funny name for a kid anyway:D

Deja Vu,,, Rob keeps askin folks to name their babies after him... cant imagine why. Hey Rob, make your own d*mm babies,,,,,,,,too much monomer in the coffee?..:D

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
What type of investment are you using? E.max is finicky about what type of investment is being pressed into it.

Rob, I use Henry Schein HS. Works great. BTW the HR you recommende was 108' ; C or F, holler back.

Checked the pressure, called ivoclar and whipmix, everything seems to be ok. calibrated the oven...yea the coping looked like they were boiled. so lower the final temp?

Also using microstar.

Microstar is a proven investment, shouldnt have any problems there.

Please tell us the parameters for the last press, include pressure and vac level. My instinct says too hot and as for cracked investment pressure is too high or being pressed for too long...but what do I know?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob, I use Henry Schein HS. Works great. BTW the HR you recommende was 108' ; C or F, holler back.

Microstar is a proven investment, shouldnt have any problems there.

Please tell us the parameters for the last press, include pressure and vac level. My instinct says too hot and as for cracked investment pressure is too high or being pressed for too long...but what do I know?

Okay lover boy :p 108 was F, and that was my bad. I use Fahrenheit, why you all ask? Only one reason really, it sends the offshore labs in a tailspin trying to figure out what the temp really is. :)

Thuanta

Thuanta

Reaction score
Well I give up...for now. I'm sending it the lab next door to press it so i can stack and have it out by tomorrow. Thank you all for your help! You guys are awesome!

I was using the parameters suggested by TheLabGuy. Pressure is at 4.25 bars. I just dont understand what's going on? I've talked to other labs here and they all said I was screwed since I was using Whipmix Pro Press 100 and to go get a "real" pressing oven.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Okay lover boy :p 108 was F, and that was my bad. I use Fahrenheit, why you all ask? Only one reason really, it sends the offshore labs in a tailspin trying to figure out what the temp really is. :)

LOL<<<<<<:p:p:D:p:D:p:D.... I knew you were up to something,,, that or CYA either way I got you pegged. And btw thanks for the kind words, sweet names ; I'm blushing, Did'nt even get that much at lunch today....:(

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Well I give up...for now. I'm sending it the lab next door to press it so i can stack and have it out by tomorrow. Thank you all for your help! You guys are awesome!

I was using the parameters suggested by TheLabGuy. Pressure is at 4.25 bars. I just dont understand what's going on? I've talked to other labs here and they all said I was screwed since I was using Whipmix Pro Press 100 and to go get a "real" pressing oven.

Hang in there, I use AutoPress Plus and PP100, no problems. Knock on wood. If all your parameters check out then check to make sure its calibrated properly. That would def throw off your pressing. Sorry to hear about your day,,,, on the positive side this experience will make you better trust me. Chin up :)

Top Bottom