Best Wax for veneers?

E

eethanshire

Reaction score
In the process of waxing 10 unit thin veneers. Having difficulty keeping these wax veneers intact, they keep cracking.

I have been using Yeti beige wax for years; is there anything else that is not as brittle and carves smoothly specifically for veneers?

Thanks

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I swear by bego magic wax... its spendy though

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Use two waxes.
Carving wax is brittle, of course your veneers keep cracking.
Use some dipping wax on your veneer prep and then wax over that with your carving wax.
The dipping wax is flexible and acts like a wax framework.
No more brittleness.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
In the process of waxing 10 unit thin veneers. Having difficulty keeping these wax veneers intact, they keep cracking.

I have been using Yeti beige wax for years; is there anything else that is not as brittle and carves smoothly specifically for veneers?

Thanks
Use LC resin ( primotec or similar),LC wax ( metacon or similar) or acrylics like pikuplast (bredent). Make a shell of this material and finish in wax. They are very accurate and very stable.

E

eethanshire

Reaction score
Use two waxes.
Carving wax is brittle, of course your veneers keep cracking.
Use some dipping wax on your veneer prep and then wax over that with your carving wax.
The dipping wax is flexible and acts like a wax framework.
No more brittleness.

I failed to mention that I was waxing no prep veneers with a thickness of 0.4mm in many areas. I find the dipping wax very thick, unless I am using the wrong dipping wax.

E

eethanshire

Reaction score
Use LC resin ( primotec or similar),LC wax ( metacon or similar) or acrylics like pikuplast (bredent). Make a shell of this material and finish in wax. They are very accurate and very stable.

I like that idea alot. does it apply thin?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I failed to mention that I was waxing no prep veneers with a thickness of 0.4mm in many areas. I find the dipping wax very thick, unless I am using the wrong dipping wax.
You control the thickness of the dipping wax by adjusting the temp. Why not turn it up and make it thinner?

E

eethanshire

Reaction score
You control the thickness of the dipping wax by adjusting the temp. Why not turn it up and make it thinner?
I've tried that, dipping wax cracks. I suspect the dipping wax is too firm. I will order something else in the new year.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I use bellewax for a base and apply it hot and thin, then ivoclars empress wax for full contours. I don't ever have cracking.

E

eethanshire

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. will give it a go in the new year.

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Use Renfert crowax ,an idea would be to wax directly onto the refractory material ,section dies off and invest .Then you dont have to deal with cracking wax veneers

Top Bottom