Astron

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Anybody using Utraflex? Does one know where can get a hold of their soft-liner?

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
You can call them for a free sample.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Unsure about there soft-liner material but stay away from Ultraflex for partials. Unless you can market it as a temporary and by temp I mean 6 months max. We had major problems with this material a couple years back, I'm talking major amounts of remakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
What was the problem that you experienced ? We recently bought some of the ultraflex firm material but have only used it on a couple of temp type partials. So any info would be appreciated.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
We had hoped and marketed the material as an economy less durable flexible partial. We were fully aware and open that the material would not be as durable as acrylic or nylon but would provide the benefits of both with the sacrifice being durability. We started off slow with them marketing to just a few accounts but they quickly caught on and our accounts loved them, I mean really loved them and by the 6 month mark we were probably doing 3-5 partials a day.

Then for lack of better words they started falling apart, at first we repaired them, to just get it back in the next week broke in another area. In the end we spent the next 6 months remaking pretty much every partial I believe. I can't remember exactly how many but it was well over 100 partials we remade.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Ouch, sorry to hear that but thanks for the info.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Unsure about there soft-liner material but stay away from Ultraflex for partials. Unless you can market it as a temporary and by temp I mean 6 months max. We had major problems with this material a couple years back, I'm talking major amounts of remakes.

Thanks.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score

We had the exact same experience with ultra flex. 6 months to a year max. Not only would they break but they would be really nasty. We switched to using fricke vitacrylic and it is a little more rigid and lasts a little longer, but still only market it for temps.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Thanks. I've only done three. I think I will call the Doctor and have them remade asap. I don't want these cases sitting there in the back of my mind wondering if or when an angry patient is going to present with their prosthesis in a failure mode.