Astron Clearsplint soft - printable alternative

M

Markyboy

Reaction score
I currently use Astron Clearsplint soft for my nightguards. I would like to get into printing but would like a material that would be similar in look and feel to the Clearsplint.
Any suggestions? I have been looking at Keysplint soft but it has a blue hue, looks like they have a Keysplint soft clear but not sure how easy it would be to print without a carbon printer.
I do not have a printer yet.
I know you can mill Astron Clearsplint but at this time its too much of an investment to buy a milling machine.
Thanks

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I don’t have anything to add. But I keep having this curiosity pop up. Why. Whyyy, is it so important that these nightgaurds be perfectly crystal clear? Why not black? These get worn to bed, right? Serious question.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I don’t have anything to add. But I keep having this curiosity pop up. Why. Whyyy, is it so important that these nightgaurds be perfectly crystal clear? Why not black? These get worn to bed, right? Serious question.
Maybe just an esthetic thing? Clear being clean, pristine looking to the patients?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Years ago we made them from a tn colored acrylic. They looked fine and functioned like they were supposed to. KeySplint resin is a nice material, I understand that they are coming out with a "more clear" material.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Tell the client it cost $100 extra for the clear one, He will tell patient it cost $400 extra.
All of a sudden, problem solved.

M

Markyboy

Reaction score
1673977864499.png
Has anyone used Argen Flex? It says flexible and hard so not sure what the consistancy is like.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
We use Argenflex. It is the exact same as Keysplint Soft. I think Keystone makes this one for Argen. Same bottle, different label. It also has the blueish/purpleish hue that Keysplint Soft has.

The printed material is pretty rigid and also becomes pretty soft when placed in warm water.

M

Markyboy

Reaction score
We use Argenflex. It is the exact same as Keysplint Soft. I think Keystone makes this one for Argen. Same bottle, different label. It also has the blueish/purpleish hue that Keysplint Soft has.

The printed material is pretty rigid and also becomes pretty soft when placed in warm water.
Thank you seems like Argenflex is a bit cheaper than Keysplint Soft... at least in Canada.